• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Diehart

Trouble Making Gun Geek
    Oct 6, 2007
    Lusby, Maryland
    I've always wanted a mousegun and I'm ready to purchase one for $300. I'm torn between the Kel-Tec P-3AT and the Ruger LCP. They seem to be pretty similiar but the LCP seems to have a finer fit and finish. I know about the Ruger recall and the problems were fixed. The Kel-Tec has a long proven track record and is currently more available. Both companies have great customer support and stand behind their products.

I'm looking for any constructive input to help weigh my final purchase.

oldsarge

Old & Crusty
    Jan 14, 2009
    Calvert County
    I have the P-3AT and consider it the perfect pocket pistol for concealed carry. It is large enough caliber for stopping power yet small enough to fit in your front pocket without printing if you use a good leather holster. It is totally smooth and does not have any catches or levers to snag.

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    Handled both, haven't shot either one .

The LCP seemed to be better put together and less toy like, if that makes sense talking about mouseguns.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I have an LCP, it has been great, reliable, decent trigger, and relatively accurate. It rides in a pocket holster during most of the summer, most of the time as backup for a larger weapon.

carry pistols.jpg

mr phil

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2007
    beach
    Got a kel-tec. Can go everywhere .So small I can carry in shorts and a t-shirt. Shoots well enough. I'd rather carry my 1911 , but like I said it's so small it's no problem to carry all the time. I think it's cheaper.

Attachments

• ruger & nambu 032.jpg
      ruger & nambu 032.jpg
      48.7 KB · Views: 88

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    the ruger has nicer fit and finish and the slide catch but other than that they're essentially the same. i read a nice review in american rifleman(i think) comparing the two. the author shot better with the p3at and said it had a nicer trigger but still went with the lcp for some reason. the recall is pretty much BS with no real bad things on the function. it failed the ridiculous kalifornia drop test and had to be changed a little so it didnt. it worked fine before and works fine after as long as you dont plan on throwing it down on the ground for some unknown reason multiple times. take a look at the ruger pf9 while you're at it...not as small but it's 9millimo and small enough to go away pretty easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom