• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Feb 6, 2012
    I've been wanting to get a KSG since I saw a video of them a few years back being introduced at shot show... I can find them, but they are way over priced. I've got a friend who has the RFB and loves it.

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    why doesn't kel tec expand their production line, so they can have more product to sell? It seems they are trying to hard with their R+D to keep on the cover of every gun magazine than to make enough product to sell. Same can be said for Center Balanced systems stocks, SG works, and Bullpup unlimited. Great products, that everyone wants to buy, but they can't make enough of them before starting something new. This is where companies like ATI and [hate to say it] promag really shine. They ride the wave of their new product line until it's done, then they move onto a new wave while continueing to sell their older products. whereas kel-tec is always trying to be at the top of the very next wave and are missing out on a lot of sales.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    I have 2:

sub2K .40 Glock
    SU-22

Cool designs, but their attention to detail is not great. Specifically, I've had to replace the safety on the S2K and I've ordered 2 OEM accessories from them (which are harder to get than the guns themselves) and both were machined incorrectly and wouldn't fit properly. I wanted an SU-16 to go with my SU-22, but I'll spend my money elsewhere.

My $0.02

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    why doesn't kel tec expand their production line, so they can have more product to sell? It seems they are trying to hard with their R+D to keep on the cover of every gun magazine than to make enough product to sell. Same can be said for Center Balanced systems stocks, SG works, and Bullpup unlimited. Great products, that everyone wants to buy, but they can't make enough of them before starting something new. This is where companies like ATI and [hate to say it] promag really shine. They ride the wave of their new product line until it's done, then they move onto a new wave while continueing to sell their older products. whereas kel-tec is always trying to be at the top of the very next wave and are missing out on a lot of sales.

A 6 or 12 month burst in sales doesn't justify investment in machinery or building leases ... if their current machinery is running at capacity, its about as much as they can hope for.

How long will the current boom run and how certain are you? That's what the man fronting the money wants to know.

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    A 6 or 12 month burst in sales doesn't justify investment in machinery or building leases ... if their current machinery is running at capacity, its about as much as they can hope for.

How long will the current boom run and how certain are you? That's what the man fronting the money wants to know.

But aren't the majority of kel tec parts injection molded plastic? If that is the case, then they would still be able to use much of their machinery for the next product they come out with, and be able to meet demand better. Just change the molds. I can't comprehend current American business practices. If there is demand for your product that is not being met, never turn off the machines. run them around the clock until they need maintenance or your orders are caught up. It works for Wal-Mart and the electric company. Hire a graveyard shift. I would take a hundred KSGs at dealer price right now because they are selling at 1450.00 when msrp is 627.99. i'm pretty sure there are a lot of dealers that would be very interested in having a couple for sale as they will remain a hot ticket for a while.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I agree, if you have the machines and there is demand, you should be running the heck out of them.

If the machines are busy all the time, the machines are busy all the time and you are making money.

We don't know that they aren't.

newq

101st Poptart Assault BSB
    Mar 6, 2011
    Eldersburg, MD
    I just bought a keltec pf9 to plink some 9mm. I picked up two 8 round mags to be able lengthen the grip a bit. It shoots just fine and is as accurate as you would expect from a pistol so small. Only had 25 rounds out of mine.

In retrospect it was a terrible purchase for plinking. I should have bought a full size for plinking as its easier to handle. Hey who knows perhaps someday I will find someone willing to trade me a full size 9mm for it. Great features and size for ccw if you are one of the chosen.

Heres a pic of it (extended grip molded mags not shown):

Attachments

• 20130322_205621.jpg
      20130322_205621.jpg
      56.3 KB · Views: 114

chooks9

Bear with Arms
    Jan 3, 2013
    Abingdon
    I used to have a Sub 2K .40 with Glock mags. It was cool and went bang every time, but I wasn't to impressed with the sights and I thought some of the parts (trigger and front sight assembly) were pretty shoddy. I thought it was a bit small for me and hated shooting it for long sessions. I sold it but kind of miss it. I would say it's worth the MSRP but no more.

wynnstudio

"Member"
    Feb 15, 2011
    Parkville, MD
    I have a sub2k in 9mm and a PLR-22. Paid below MSRP on both but that was 2011. Several of the IP's here will sell them at MSRP when they get them. The Gun Shop will put you on a waiting list for one.

wynnstudio

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia

The problem is their stuff is always behind. Even between the two recent buying binges I have never seen a new Keltec rifle in a shop. I bought my Sub2k used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom