• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Petar

Nov 18, 2010
    Thinking of buying a new Kahr and can't decide which to purchase - Kahr CW9 or CM9. Any input is greatly appreciated.

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    CM9
    Caliber: 9mm
    Capacity: 6+1
    Operation: Trigger cocking DAO; lock breech; "Browning - type" recoil lug; passive striker block; no magazine disconnect
    Barrel: 3.0", conventional rifling; 1 - 10 right-hand twist
    Length O/A: 5.42"
    Height: 4.0"
    Slide Width: .90"
    Weight: Pistol 14 ounces, Magazine 1.9 ounces
    Grips: Textured polymer
    Sights: Drift adjustable, white bar-dot combat sights
    Finish: Black polymer frame, matte stainless steel slide
    Magazine: 1 - 6 rd flush floorplate

CW9
    Caliber: 9mm
    Capacity: 7+1
    Operation: Trigger cocking DAO; lock breech; "Browning - type" recoil lug; passive striker block; no magazine disconnect
    Barrel: 3.6", conventional rifling; 1-10 right-hand twist
    Length O/A: 5.9"
    Height: 4.5"
    Slide Width: .90"
    Weight: Pistol 15.8 ounces, Magazine 1.9 ounces
    Grips: Textured polymer
    Sights: Drift adjustable white bar-dot combat rear sight, pinned in polymer front sight
    Finish: Black polymer frame, matte stainless steel slide
    Magazine: 1 - 7 rd, Stainless

Its basically the same pistol except the CW9 is a 0.5" taller, wider, and longer but carries and extra round. It all comes down to why you are buying it?? CCW???

My CW9 is pretty accurate at 25' I'm very happy with it!!! given the choice i'd keep my CW9...great shooter and very comforatable to carry.

Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    I'd rather get the CW9 just to have something more to hold onto! And in all honesty, I would rather have the additional .6" of barrel that the CW has. That translates into higher fps and more energy. And it's still small enough to be a very comfortable carry package.

WSM

Rugeritis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Lancaster, PA
    I'd rather get the CW9 just to have something more to hold onto! And in all honesty, I would rather have the additional .6" of barrel that the CW has. That translates into higher fps and more energy. And it's still small enough to be a very comfortable carry package.

That .6" barrel difference is going to be pretty negligible as far as velocity.

This isn't the most relevant comparison but he does compare the CM9 to the PM9.

What it boils down to. The CW9 is a little bit cheaper version of the PM9 and the CM9 is a bit smaller version of the CW9 but essentially the same gun as FPS said.

mrozowjj

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2008
    Seattle-ish WA
    Depends on if you want to pocket the gun or IWB carry it. If you want to pocket it then then the smaller CM9. If you want to IWB get the CW9 so you can get a bit more of a grip on it.

Marylandfisherman

Self Aware
    Nov 10, 2011

What it boils down to. The CW9 is a little bit cheaper version of the PM9 and the CM9 is a bit smaller version of the CW9 but essentially the same gun as FPS said.

Untill I took look at the beard(and heard the non-gravelly voice), I almost thought that was Lou45:innocent0

Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul

It comes out to 50 fps difference. Negligible? Perhaps, but an undeniable difference. 50fps is the difference between some +p and non+p loads.

IlikeNFA

Certified Gear Queer
    Aug 27, 2008
    Goodbye MD, Hello freedom
    I have a cw9 and have handled both. I am personally not big on having my pinky finger barely on/falling off of a weapon. It doesn't inspire confidence in me. The cw9 is a fantastic little gun. Very thin, very lightweight, very concealable, and very docile in the recoil/muzzle rise dept. despite its lightweight. Mine has eaten everything I've fed it and I can keep a reasonable golfball/racquetball sized hole in the 7-10yd range. The trigger pull, although long, was smooth from day 1 with mine. If I HAD to complain about one thing (albeit small) its that the recoil spring is under tension after the slide is removed and it can be a slight pain in the balls to put back in upon reassembly. Definitely have your eye protection on for that. Overall, thats a very small drawback for an otherwise great little pistol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom