• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CraZ4GunZ

Dec 12, 2008
    HoCo
    Well, my JW-2000 20ga finally failed - cracked stock from wrist to front of receiver on the left and another 1-2 inch crack on right side, plus multi spider cracks behind the triggers.

I'm surprised it remained intact and thankful it didn't splinter/blow up in my hands. I was shooting 20ga #4 buck and birdshot most of the day and didn't even notice the cracks until I was packing up for the day when a small piece of wood actually fell of the stock. Gunsmith said it can't be repaired - too many cracks.

I really like the exposed dbl-trigger look, but is it worth trying to find another stock? Only paid $225 new some years ago.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    If I'm reading correctly , the stock is self destructing , but it remains mechanically in good shape ?

A quick perusal of Gun Parts Corporation shows Buttstock are $72 ( albeit currently out of stock , no pun intended ).

Plan B - Fix the stock yourself . There is a difference between " price of new stock less than hourly bench rate for gunsmith to repair " vs irreparable . If you enjoy tinkering with guns , and have some time , this would be a good test mule . If it ends up functional , but ugly , it's not a 1921 Parker , and the kids won't be out of a year of college tuition .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom