Just sent this to Mikulski. Curious if I'll get a response.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MDlocal

Jan 11, 2013
    Frederick
    Senator Mikulski,

I just received an email from you saying how you are committed to preventing gun violence in America.

Then how in your own area are people being arrested for possession of a stolen firearm and illegally transferring a firearm along with theft of that firearm and then they are released out on the street on a written promise to appear without spending a night in jail?
    http://www.fredericknewspost.com/sections/news/display_comments.htm?StoryID=148349

What about the new gun laws that you voted for will make sure this does not happen?

The universal background check and limiting magazines to 10 rounds and banning my favorite target rifle do not make me feel safer when criminals such as this are let back out on the street without spending one night in jail.

This communicates to law abiding people like me that you are not really concerned about our safety. You just want to control us.

So please take some time and actually communicate with me how letting Dustin Ryan Bullis roam the streets without spending one night in jail for dealing stolen guns to a drug dealer combined with not allowing me to buy my favorite target rifle or a magazine larger than 10 rounds makes my family safer?

I await your personal response to the situation about Dustin Bullis and how it makes us safer.

Thank you,

cz27jim

I *am* a curio and relic!
    Sep 27, 2012
    If you get any response, it will probably be a form letter telling you how recent anti-gun legislation is full of "common sense" measures, because Marylanders will believe that.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    If you get any response, it will probably be a form letter telling you how recent anti-gun legislation is full of "common sense" measures, because Marylanders will believe that.

+1 she (or one of her aids in actuality) will likely not bother with an actual response. They have no interest in reconsidering or even debating their stance.

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    Foghorn Leghorn will send a canned reply telling you how much she supports the second ammendment.

karby60

May 10, 2012
    "Thank you for contacting me, I appreciate hearing from you. As you know...oink,oink,oink"

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Senator Mikulski,

I just received an email from you saying how you are committed to preventing gun violence in America.

Then how in your own area are people being arrested for possession of a stolen firearm and illegally transferring a firearm along with theft of that firearm and then they are released out on the street on a written promise to appear without spending a night in jail?
    http://www.fredericknewspost.com/sections/news/display_comments.htm?StoryID=148349

What about the new gun laws that you voted for will make sure this does not happen?

The universal background check and limiting magazines to 10 rounds and banning my favorite target rifle do not make me feel safer when criminals such as this are let back out on the street without spending one night in jail.

This communicates to law abiding people like me that you are not really concerned about our safety. You just want to control us.

So please take some time and actually communicate with me how letting Dustin Ryan Bullis roam the streets without spending one night in jail for dealing stolen guns to a drug dealer combined with not allowing me to buy my favorite target rifle or a magazine larger than 10 rounds makes my family safer?

I await your personal response to the situation about Dustin Bullis and how it makes us safer.

Thank you,

The sad thing is she will never read it and you will get some auto response or one of her aids will send you a feel good email about how she is a supporter of the 2A.

md_rick_o

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 30, 2008
    Severn Md.
    Letter to the editor as Open letter to Mikulski (since she doesn't care about resonding to emails), it probably won't get published either but you don't know until you try.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    I have written both her and Cardin multiple letters over the years, on a variety of subjects. I used to receive replies from them; that has not happened in over three years now. Cummings has taken a similar approach - if you don't agree with their stances, they just ignore you.

alpine44

Feb 5, 2010
    Letter to the editor as Open letter to Mikulski (since she doesn't care about resonding to emails), it probably won't get published either but you don't know until you try.

You will be surprised how many pro gun letters you find on the website of the Baltimore Sun.

Let's not allow our disgust with the media to serve as an excuse for not voicing our opinion.

RRHemi

Mar 1, 2013
    Annapolis, MD
    I got a response from her that included this verbiage: "Getting high power magazines off the streets." I replied and told her this is exactly why you and your peers should not be making laws about guns. She is an idiot

MotoJ

Sep 4, 2012
    Mobtown
    I got a response from her that included this verbiage: "Getting high power magazines off the streets." I replied and told her this is exactly why you and your peers should not be making laws about guns. She is an idiot

I guess that was changed from the letter I got back from her referencing "high capacity ammunition"!

Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a
    Better yet, wait for her response and send it together with your letter to all news outlets.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

MDlocal

Jan 11, 2013
    Frederick
    I've emailed her on a number of things over the past 4 or 5 years. Enough that I have gotten personal replies from her on multiple issues. But the gun issue and the Monsanto Protection Act have been two things she has been mum on concerning replies. Not surprised as she has to know she is wrong on both issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom