• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • evanslb19

Feb 5, 2009
    I just picked up my cz-82 from UPS today and can't wait to get it home this evening and take a look at it. It was purchased from J&G and I poped for the select grade 209.00 + shipping. I am like a kid in church with a candy bar he cant eat till service is over!

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    .380 or 9*18?

Good guns I wouldnt mind one someday if I can get a C&R or another transfer ok dealer.

Tootall

Feelings Hurter
    Oct 3, 2008
    AACO
    Mine love barnaul and brown bear. Not picky about ammo at all. I got a great gem from j&g. Enjoy!

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Ever used the brown bear 9X18 as some range rules wont permit magnetic ammo. I wonder why that is?
    Magnetic ammo sometimes means steel core which is armor piercing which is bad for some ranges.
    Bi-metal jacketted lead bullets which also attract a magnet though really should not be a problem and if they are pistol ammo bullets it is highly likely they are not steel core because steel core pistol ammo has not been imported or manufactured for sale to the public for over twenty years now due to the "cop killer bullets" law. So therefore the magnetic attraction restriction on handgun bullets is pointless IMHO.

...Or so I am guessing...

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    I just picked up 1k rounds of Lake City. Anyone try it before?

Yes. :thumbsup: I bought a few hundred rounds from JSW on the board. Good guy and good prices. The LC ammo is non-corrosive, Boxer-primed and shoots very well.

Since I reload I picked up a set of Lee 9mm Mak dies and some Berry's plated bullets to try out. Haven't shot any of my reloads for the '82 yet but they look like they'll go bang like all my other loads have over the years.

JSW

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2008
    Bryansville, Pa.
    lake city stuff shot very well out of my 82--want some fun try the glaser safety 9x18 a bit expensive but a great flash and right on target, good three season defense load.

bkraft

Jul 24, 2008
    Eldersburg
    2AForever and I have also shot some Lake City out of our 82's. I didn't have any trouble with it.

I've got some Silver Bear JHP here that I keep meaning to run through it, though... I've heard some people say they have problem with the Silver Bear JHP jamming as opposed to say Hornandy...

I want to try it and see...

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    2AForever and I have also shot some Lake City out of our 82's. I didn't have any trouble with it.

I've got some Silver Bear JHP here that I keep meaning to run through it, though... I've heard some people say they have problem with the Silver Bear JHP jamming as opposed to say Hornandy...

I want to try it and see...
    Silver Bear is the absolute worst!! I will take it off your hands for a dollar! ;)

seriously though, the only time I have had feed into the chamber problems with Silver bear was when I did not clean the gun after a few hundredd rounds.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    I just picked up 1k rounds of Lake City. Anyone try it before?

It's great, reliable ammo... I have never had a misfire. I had one stovepipe, once, in my CZ82 but that was out of 1K rounds and occurred in the first box when I was learning to shoot it. But, it is dirtier than hell....

I've been saving all my LC 9x18 brass, when I have a couple of thousand pieces saved up I'm going to get a die set and start reloading it.

Devonian

Ultimate Member
    Apr 15, 2008
    How accurate are your 82's? Mine is terrible... it could be me but I've done well with other pistols.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    When the shooter aims correctly, the bullets land within 4" of target center at 17 yards with mine.

Where are you guys getting Lake City 9x18?

I think someone posted that they have it at White Marsh, but that was a while ago and I am not sure my memory is good on this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom