• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • saltydog

Thank You NRA
    Feb 13, 2009
    The State of confusion
    With the new guy pushed in our less wasn't bad enough. Guy is a nice guy. I was hunting yesterday evening and a few hours before dark I heard 4 wheelers on the back of the property and several kids yelling. No one is to be ridding on this farm in. Only the few people that hunt can use them and it is very limited as to when they are used. I also heard one of the rice burner cars playing on the farm road spinning out and such. Wonder how long before our trucks are broken into.
    I hunted this morning until about 830 and got down and put most of my stuff in my truck and got my yellow msrking tape and walked to the back of the property and found where the 4 wheelers are coming in off cherry LA. I crossed the trail with my yellow tape hoping the kids get the message not to come back. (Thin plastic server tape so no danger of them getting hurt if they run trough it) while down in the far part of the hunting lease I decided to walk around a bit and come back around to my stand. I come across a trail with white plastic corn bags and follow it to a ladder stand only a 100 yards from my stand. This stand is not suppose to be there. I was nice short of. I put a note on the stand asking them to stop hunting and move the stand. I also wrapped the ladder with yellow tape so it is easy to see. And hope this person gets message. I did go back this afternoon and spread bleach all over his corn so the deer will not go near it. I am now in my stand waiting for a nice deer. We pay lot of money to hunt thus farm and it does piss me off when people think just because their land backs up to wood lot they can just go in and hunt.

I know others have mentioned the DNR. The DNR would love to know who's not only trespassing, but also baiting deer with corn!

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    They can bate as long as it is private land. So they don't care about that. I am sure right now they are not too worried about someone hunting on the edges of someone else land. They only have a few officers in the area.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    They can bate as long as it is private land. So they don't care about that. I am sure right now they are not too worried about someone hunting on the edges of someone else land. They only have a few officers in the area.

They should have their master with them if they're going to bate.:innocent0:D
    Sorry man, I just couldn't pass up the misspell.

bigdaddycoolfm

Mar 24, 2014
    Wow!!

I hear ya brotha'. I've been told to get off my family's land by trespassers, being told that I didn't have permission to hunt on it.

I had that happen back home in SC.. Calmly left and then went back with the Wardens and had them arrested.. Flat out and the warden basically told them they were lucky.. I could have shot them and been completely in my rights as they were armed and could have been seen as a threat to my safety and family's safety.

:cool:

swimtb

Jul 17, 2013
    crofton area
    Good luck with it, I have been dealing with this type of problem for 18yrs. The property next to mine(in laws) has been for sale and I guess that means its ok to trespass and hunt when you want. I have gotten written letters from the real estate company that nobody has permission to hunt or trespass and it seems to be useless. I have spoken to the owner of the property and he also assures me that NOBODY has permission to hunt there. Both DNR and CCSO has confronted the trespassers and they "produce" a written permission slip. The same person has been seen at other "for sale" properties from the same real estate company. They don't know him and have not granted permission. Since they produce a "written" statement, they have not been charged. The issue is DNR and CCSO does not know the owner and any paper showing permission to hunt satisfies them. So good luck and I feel your pain with this problem.

When I discussed this with DNR I mentioned that all I have to do is show you a piece of paper with permission to hunt as long as its signed by "Proper T Owner" and I can hunt anywhere. The answer was YES. They did see the flaw in this but said unless the actual owner of the land is there or they actually know the owner, their hands are tied. I would never do this mind you but I needed to make a point.

CCSO...Charles County Sheriff Office

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom