• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    With the new guy pushed in our less wasn't bad enough. Guy is a nice guy. I was hunting yesterday evening and a few hours before dark I heard 4 wheelers on the back of the property and several kids yelling. No one is to be ridding on this farm in. Only the few people that hunt can use them and it is very limited as to when they are used. I also heard one of the rice burner cars playing on the farm road spinning out and such. Wonder how long before our trucks are broken into.
    I hunted this morning until about 830 and got down and put most of my stuff in my truck and got my yellow msrking tape and walked to the back of the property and found where the 4 wheelers are coming in off cherry LA. I crossed the trail with my yellow tape hoping the kids get the message not to come back. (Thin plastic server tape so no danger of them getting hurt if they run trough it) while down in the far part of the hunting lease I decided to walk around a bit and come back around to my stand. I come across a trail with white plastic corn bags and follow it to a ladder stand only a 100 yards from my stand. This stand is not suppose to be there. I was nice short of. I put a note on the stand asking them to stop hunting and move the stand. I also wrapped the ladder with yellow tape so it is easy to see. And hope this person gets message. I did go back this afternoon and spread bleach all over his corn so the deer will not go near it. I am now in my stand waiting for a nice deer. We pay lot of money to hunt thus farm and it does piss me off when people think just because their land backs up to wood lot they can just go in and hunt.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    Yes the stand is on our land. I am going to be nice for now and hope he moves it and stop hunting our lease. If not then I will take it. It is only a $60 Walmart ladder stand but I want to try and play nice for a while.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    No it isn't him. He is staying over where he put his stand and not moving around. This is coming in from neighborhood that backs up to the farm.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Paint blue lines on the trees to show trangressors where the line is.

Otherwise work would be involved blocking the paths with real obstacles.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    What good would paint do. They just ignore it and come in anyway. This farm had no trespass signs all over the place no one reads then. The way this trail was marked lots and lots of white reflect tacks and white plastic bags I am thinking it is a teenage kid and I bet he/ she won't even have orange on.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Paint is cheaper than signage, but it sounds like that is covered.

Maybe a call to DNR is in order on a poacher.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Paint is cheaper than signage, but it sounds like that is covered.

Maybe a call to DNR is in order on a poacher.

Get a good vantage point where you can see him and when he's clearly in the stand on your property call him in.

I despise trespassers...It would be different if they asked or were respectful of your property.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    Sorry I am using this for a bitching season but some people just get to me.
    I may go that way if I have to but with the way they are so thin and this is just a trespassing issue not sure how or if they will even come.

I am really hoping this person does the right thing and move on.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Sorry I am using this for a bitching season but some people just get to me.
    I may go that way if I have to but with the way they are so thin and this is just a trespassing issue not sure how or if they will even come.

I am really hoping this person does the right thing and move on.

It is also in the realm of possibilities, he is going to be pissed because someone is F'ing with his stand. Apperently, he doesn't care who is there now.

The DNR 24 Hour Hotline is: 1-800-635-6124

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    Part of the issue is this corner of the farm has not been hunted by us much. I just moved over here last year so a new member could have a little more room to hunt. If this person did any scouting they would have found my stand.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    What does the property owner have to say?

Any chance he's letting someone double up on the land?

I think any complaints to the law would be better coming from the lessor of the land.

Good luck.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Part of the issue is this corner of the farm has not been hunted by us much. I just moved over here last year so a new member could have a little more room to hunt. If this person did any scouting they would have found my stand.

He just might now :innocent0

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    I don't think the land owner gave permission as he lives in n.c. and doesn't come up here much.
    This looks more like someone just taking advantage of there land backing up to woods and thinking I am only in a few hundred yards so I am OK.

fwpart

Jun 17, 2012
    Newark, DE
    I'd take my rifle and shoot up through the bottom of the seat. The Holes and direction of the sheared metal will forever prevent the person from ever sitting in it ever again! Just my opinion

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    Lol. I don't want to damage it. If this person does not do the right thing then I will remove the stand and wait to see if they come looking for it.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Lol. I don't want to damage it. If this person does not do the right thing then I will remove the stand and wait to see if they come looking for it.

Walk off 50 to 100 yards from the stand with a sharp knife and several bars of strong smelling soap and walk around the stand whittling the bars. The soap will last through several rains and the deer will avoid the area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom