• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Demoneyes86

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2011
    Baltimore
    Nice barrel and stock. Trigger job. There are many ways to customize these. Just get an idea and run with it. Skys the limit.

ivwarrior

Jul 20, 2010
    Ruger Rimfire matches are generally steel plate matches (steel and polymer are the only targets allowed, according to the rulebook). You need both a .22 rifle and a .22 pistol. Any make is acceptable, doesn't have to be a Ruger.

At Lewistown, our match is 6 stages. 3 stages are shot with pistol, 3 with rifle. Each stage will be 5 targets, and you shoot each stage 5 times. We count your best 4 times per stage. So, if you don't miss and have to fire make up shots, it's 150 rounds. Which is why I suggest bringing 200, to have a few to cover make up shots, I know I usually need a few. :)

Here are the different divisions:
    OPEN: Any firearm (pistol, revolver, or rifle) with scopes, optical sights, light gathering scopes,
    battery powered optics, lasers, compensator or muzzle brake.
    LIMITED: Firearms with iron sights. Adjustable sights, fiber optics are allowed but no electronic
    sights. No compensators, muzzle breaks or barrel weights.
    COWBOY/COWGIRL: Single action revolvers and period lever or pump action rifles with iron
    sights. All competitors in COWBOY/COWGIRL CLASS must wear a cowboy hat in competition.
    MANUALLY OPERATED: Rifle must be manually operated…bolt action, lever action, slide or
    pump action and iron sights. Handgun would be double-action Revolver.

We haven't had anyone shoot the cowboy class lately. Limited and Open are usually close to an even split of the bunch, and a few in Manual.

johnnyb2

Ultimate Member
    Apr 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    TO MARYLANDONDECK:

Unless you plan to shoot out to 100 yards, a Walther Red Dot for about $70 bucks is great. These work really well for just plinking and shooting out to about 50-70 yards, beyond that or for target shooting a scope would be better.

Don't forget a trigger upgrade also, then the barrel. But the factory triggers if they are still the same ( which I think they are ) is about 8-9lb pull and gritty, nasty! YUCK :-)

KIDD makes a drop in trigger that is absolutely fantastic. It is about $100 bucks and come in just 2 parts so you do not have to worry about getting all the pieces lined up correctly. Or the cheapest route to improe the trigger is just but a Volksquartson hammer for about $45. That is the best inexpensive plan and will give you about a 3lb pretty smooth trigger pull.

ENJOY!

Tacticalglobe

III %er
    Mar 11, 2012
    Nottingham, MD
    Here is my 10/22. A few mods here and there. Check out the sight and scope.

10222_zps2fadc1db.jpg

10223_zpsa6194d22.jpg

10221_zps8826dc65.jpg

102225round_zpsf6bdea8b.jpg

Demoneyes86

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2011
    Baltimore
    I just added an archangel target stock to mine and a ksa fluted bull barrel. Cant wait to test fire it. Hows yours coming along did you test it yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom