• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Pshaw! That's the original unstacked mauser mag, baby! The sign of an early gun. The only thing better would be a nice Belgian like this - I'll bet you wouldn't run from it (I can't imagine what this guy had to pay): http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?396092-Hopkins-and-Allen-1889-Belgian-Mauser-Finally!

I will now have all the major variants of Argentine Mausers. Now I just need to focus on finding the oddballs. It will look nice among these.
    639620348d9226f64d7d5d7732547769.jpg

Those all look great from the top. :D

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    Getting back to these Romanian Toks that came in today ... They look a little more worn than earlier ones. I picked this one up from SOG in the late summer or early fall. Does anyone think that the stocks are running low?

I had the exact opposite experience, external condition wise-that is.

The one I ordered previously from SOG was more worn on the outside than the one I got from Classic yesterday. It's gorgeous.

Now the bore condition...........well, that's a different story.

I believe these were all refinished/refurbed overseas when the safety was added for import. They just didn't get new barrels, at least the batch that Classic is offering now didn't.

hvychevy20

Mar 22, 2015
    My tok is at the post office right now just waitng for me to pick up . should get it tomorrow it came from classic i will let u all know how it looks

MacGuns

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Chester
    My Beretta 1951 arrived today from the recent batch that was available at Copes. I still need to break it down and give it a good cleaning, but I'm happy with what I received.

i-xH6mh3s-L.jpg

i-VmnRzQc-L.jpg

Plenty of honest wear, but no rust and the bore looks good.

i-jKjHCmw-L.jpg

CasualObserver

Who Observes the Observer
    Apr 27, 2012
    Maryland Born Now in Vermont
    My Beretta 1951 arrived today from the recent batch that was available at Copes. I still need to break it down and give it a good cleaning, but I'm happy with what I received.

i-xH6mh3s-L.jpg

i-VmnRzQc-L.jpg

Plenty of honest wear, but no rust and the bore looks good.

i-jKjHCmw-L.jpg

Serial number 026? I wonder if they did these is batches or is this that early. I assume batches as the real early ones I think had non steel frames.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom