• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RLBosley

In Christ Alone
    Dec 14, 2012
    Middle River
    The wife and I went for a walk around the neighborhood last night and decided we'd walk to the local gun store. After checking to see if they had any 9mm (yeah right...) I decided to look at handguns on display. Low and behold a Sig SP2022 in .40 right in front of me . I've been in LOVE with this gun since I shot one about 7 months ago. I honestly wanted it more than the XD9 we bought but the bride liked the XD more and wasn't too comfortable with the .40 recoil.

I haven't seen one of these in stock anywhere locally for months so I decided (with no objections from my better half ) that I'd take the plunge and start the process. I'll be paying a little at a time until I can pick it up...in 6 to 8 WEEKS. (I hate this state)

Anyway, I know the SP2022 in .40 can be converted to .357 sig however I cannot find the conversion barrel anywhere online. Have they been discontinued or are they always as scarce as hen's teeth?

Celtic159

Nov 27, 2008
    Poolesville
    I have a 2022 in .40, and I love it. Great shooter, fits my hand well. The retrofit barrels seem to have all evaporated though.

rsj1231

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2013
    Harford County
    I have a P226 in .40 and have been thinking about converting to 9mm and also getting a .357 barrel for fun. I've been looking at eBay, Gunbroker, Bar-Sto and EFKFireDragon for P226 stuff, hopefully you'll have some luck with your SP2022.

I also called Sig yesterday and they said the X-Change kits are built to order and take about 4-6 weeks to deliver.

RLBosley

In Christ Alone
    Dec 14, 2012
    Middle River
    I have a 2022 in .40, and I love it. Great shooter, fits my hand well. The retrofit barrels seem to have all evaporated though.

Yeah I tried one out last year and loved it! It fits better than just about anything pistol I've held. And that's what I was afraid of regarding the barrels.

I have a P226 in .40 and have been thinking about converting to 9mm and also getting a .357 barrel for fun. I've been looking at eBay, Gunbroker, Bar-Sto and EFKFireDragon for P226 stuff, hopefully you'll have some luck with your SP2022.

I also called Sig yesterday and they said the X-Change kits are built to order and take about 4-6 weeks to deliver.

Thanks.

Well I sent an email to Bar-Sto and EFK to see if they can/will make one anyway, even if they aren't normal inventory. We'll see.

TonyB.

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2012
    You said "in the neighborhood", so that was the only guess :) I live on 4th ave, you should stop by some time.

TonyB.

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2012
    Ever seen the gray house on the corner of 4th and Baltimore that has the eerie blue glow coming from the windows? That's my place. Hard to miss.

Jmarko

Apr 8, 2013
    I am waiting on mine from continental arms from 2/26. They had two brand new when I got mine, pretty sure the other one was gone right after I did the paperwork.

RLBosley

In Christ Alone
    Dec 14, 2012
    Middle River
    Ever seen the gray house on the corner of 4th and Baltimore that has the eerie blue glow coming from the windows? That's my place. Hard to miss.

I've probably seen it. I'm not on Baltimore too much though.

I am waiting on mine from continental arms from 2/26. They had two brand new when I got mine, pretty sure the other one was gone right after I did the paperwork.

Man that stinks. At least you have it on the way though...

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    As stated before these are about the most underated guns on the planet. I hated mine for the first two mags (jams) but after that it broke in eats anything and shoots like a laser.

Cheap, performs well etc.

For anyone looking for one there is a slug of them on GB right now. I just snagged a new .40 with night sights to go with my 9mm for like $370 shipped and insured.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom