• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Walleyeco

Feb 10, 2013
    St. Mary's
    Just like the dealers are exercising their right of choice regarding whether to or not to release after 7 days, we the consumer need to exercise our right to choose which establishments we support.. Seems simple enough. Does the forum have a link or a listing (not a thread) that lists dealers that are doing transfers after 7 days??

EHS1976

Mar 28, 2013
    USA
    Just like the dealers are exercising their right of choice regarding whether to or not to release after 7 days, we the consumer need to exercise our right to choose which establishments we support.. Seems simple enough. Does the forum have a link or a listing (not a thread) that lists dealers that are doing transfers after 7 days??

See the following thread, which is very informative: http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=121404.

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009

use the search function here but from what i have seen, it is a vary narrow and skinny list. most of us do not trust the administrations intent. also, if all the dealers sent in duplicates, wouldn't that jam up the works two fold?

285ferrari

Dec 7, 2012
    Waldorf
    use the search function here but from what i have seen, it is a vary narrow and skinny list. most of us do not trust the administrations intent. also, if all the dealers sent in duplicates, wouldn't that jam up the works two fold?

+1 - - The guys here waiting for their guns don't care about the repercussions down the road that may be administered by MSP or ATF for early release. It is NOT there business license in jeopardy.

iggy

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 26, 2013
    +1 - - The guys here waiting for their guns don't care about the repercussions down the road that may be administered by MSP or ATF for early release. It is NOT there business license in jeopardy.

maybe you would like to explain how a dealer would lose their business license when all they have done is follow the law and MSP guidence?

AGAIN, i have no malice towards dealers that choose to not release, i just wouldn't give them my business.

285ferrari

Dec 7, 2012
    Waldorf
    maybe you would like to explain how a dealer would lose their business license when all they have done is follow the law and MSP guidence?

AGAIN, i have no malice towards dealers that choose to not release, i just wouldn't give them my business.

And that is your choice. Pointless explaining anything to you :innocent0.You are like talking to a 6 yr old, that just doesn't get it and can only see one side.... Go get your FFL, when now you actually have some stake in the game and something to potentially lose and you will see the other side of things.... Not one sided...

l730dc

Mar 6, 2013
    Kent Island, MD
    And that is your choice. Pointless explaining anything to you :innocent0.You are like talking to a 6 yr old, that just doesn't get it and can only see one side.... Go get your FFL, when now you actually have some stake in the game and something to potentially lose and you will see the other side of things.... Not one sided...

Jeez.. he was just asking a question

Rough crowd around here sometimes

iggy

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 26, 2013

funny that you make another statement you cant back up and then start calling names.....

so i'll put the question to anyone who cares to actually try to answer it:

Exactly how would a dealer lose their business license when all they have done is follow the law and MSP guidence?

l730dc

Mar 6, 2013
    Kent Island, MD
    funny that you make another statement you cant back up and then start calling names.....

so i'll put the question to anyone who cares to actually try to answer it:

Exactly how would a dealer lose their business license when all they have done is follow the law and MSP guidence?

Im not against you here.. but

Go ask a black guy how he can get the shit beat out of him, then robbed.. then locked up by the police.. all because he was standing in front of his own house doing nothing wrong... shit happens. . I think some dealers are going with the.. better safe than sorry policy

iggy

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 26, 2013
    Im not against you here.. but

Go ask a black guy how he can get the shit beat out of him, then robbed.. then locked up by the police.. all because he was standing in front of his own house doing nothing wrong... shit happens. . I think some dealers are going with the.. better safe than sorry policy

we can talk unrelated hypotheticals all you want, but that really doesn't have anything to do with the question of how a busineess will lose its license if they follow the law and MSP guidence. A couple people here have intimated that this is some trap or conspiracy. they should be able to explain it. :innocent0

l730dc

Mar 6, 2013
    Kent Island, MD
    we can talk unrelated hypotheticals all you want, but that really doesn't have anything to do with the question of how a busineess will lose its license if they follow the law and MSP guidence. A couple people here have intimated that this is some trap or conspiracy. they should be able to explain it. :innocent0

I did explain it... shit happens.. it doesnt have to make sense.. they are just trying to be "better safe than sorry" . They obviously are just trying to be safe.. me personally. . Ide only goto a dealer doing "early" or "on time" releases. .
    Maybe there is a more specific reason they are worried.. buy ide bet most are goimg with the .. better safe than sorry.. cuz shit happens reason

Kevp

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2008
    I understand that some are upset that their purchases are being held up due to bureaucracy and/or poor resourcing by the State. However, I don't agree with the lashing out I've seen against dealers. This situation has put a tremendous strain on the dealers, especially those with small operations. In many cases, dealers are way beyond capacity for storage; they are inundated with excess paperwork; and have had to add manpower to manage it all. This is probably cutting into their profit margins that are less than what many think. I've seen complaints about increased transfer fees. How is a dealer supposed to stay in business when folks are buying out of state, and the dealer has to bear the burden of extended storage/responsibility for firearms as well as the extra paperwork? In terms of the release question- if the dealer releases, you get for firearm and you're happy. What many are not considering is the fact that the dealer still has to maintain that paperwork, and once the approval goes through, he has to go back and finish the transaction. This creates a whole new filing/tracking system to ensure he/she complies with the law, and completes the paperwork properly. You just need to be aware of the mess this creates for dealers. This is not their fault, and it's been disappointing to see a lot of negative posting toward them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cddrive

Latest threads

Top Bottom