• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldsarge

Old & Crusty
    Jan 14, 2009
    Calvert County
    Anyone thinking about going to the Silverado Gun Show at the Show Place Arena in Upper Marlboro on July 18 & 19?

I'm going to try to get there early on the 18th in hopes of finding some good deals on ammo. I know it is not as big as the one in Frederick, but alot of the same vendors come to both.

offthepaper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 7, 2007
    Harford County
    I'm going to pass on this one. The last show I went to there, I was very disappointed at the lack of FA's, ammo, no reloading items. Hell, they only had 1 jerky stand, and he couldn't make change for a $10 bill.
    What little FA's they did have were priced to the moon.:sad20:

razorV23

TK421
    Dec 18, 2008
    Annapolis
    I'm going on the 18th, only cause its the closest show to me. I'm about 10 mins from the arena. I shoot on a farm on the way to the arena, so if I pick something up I can shoot it on the way home. I'm going to try to make it to the show in Dulles also.

rdblan2

Mar 10, 2007
    About 3 or 4 years ago I went to this show and through it was great. Last time I went (maybe 2 years ago) there were hardly any vendors there. I think I walked through in about 25 minutes. Was pretty sad after making the drive down there.

Hopefully, it picks back up.

GunAddict

GunAddict
    Apr 15, 2009
    St. Mary's
    I will probably go take a look-and-see what they have up there. More out convince then anything else. Anyone know how many supposed vendors are going to be there?

MDcaptive

Dec 13, 2008
    I'm going on the 18th, only cause its the closest show to me. I'm about 10 mins from the arena. I shoot on a farm on the way to the arena, so if I pick something up I can shoot it on the way home. I'm going to try to make it to the show in Dulles also.

I'm about 10 mins in the other direction to the arena... Say, your farmer friend doesn't let you bring guest(s), does he? Ive got a buddy in VA itching to stretch the legs of a 700 SPS he has built up, the 100 yards at Myrtle grove just isn't doing it for him. :innocent0

sculpin

Apr 16, 2009
    Southern MD
    I plan to go just to check it out, since I will be fishing in OC from 24th til 27th.

Just something to do while sipping my coffee Saturday morning... And who knows? Might stumble across a deal or two, ya never know!

Falkus

Dating Scarlett Johansson
    Feb 26, 2007
    Undisclosed location
    Never been there and I am also disappointed that I will miss the Dulles Show, but Heck, I will be in the state of florida with my permit :)

razorV23

TK421
    Dec 18, 2008
    Annapolis
    I'm about 10 mins in the other direction to the arena... Say, your farmer friend doesn't let you bring guest(s), does he? Ive got a buddy in VA itching to stretch the legs of a 700 SPS he has built up, the 100 yards at Myrtle grove just isn't doing it for him. :innocent0

Friends are always welcome. We don't have that sort of distance set up yet, but if your willing to help out, I'm sure we could. I have a 700 also, so it would be nice get a longer range set up.

MDcaptive

Dec 13, 2008
    Friends are always welcome. We don't have that sort of distance set up yet, but if your willing to help out, I'm sure we could. I have a 700 also, so it would be nice get a longer range set up.

I'm killing myself with the hours I put in at work, but I/we could probably spare 1/2 a weekend day here and there. What needs to be done?

biermkr

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2007
    Almost Heaven
    18th is my anniversary and the 19th we will be at the Linganore Reggae Wine festival, anyone going the the festival I will be pouring wine samples in the outdoor pavillion till 3 pm. Look for Mike and Melanie!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom