• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrWhiteRabbit

Firefighter Gone Awry
    Sep 23, 2007
    With all the talk of layoffs and firings in that other thread, maybe there is someone on the forum here who can offer even part-time work to those among us who may need the help.

For example, I know my girlfriend is looking for office administration type work. She's got great computer office and typing skills, is presentable, professional, and flexible enough to fit into most any office environment.

Maybe there's someone here in the Baltimore/Annapolis/DC corridor who needs some secretarial/administrative help? Are there others here who want to post their work fields or openings?

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    If she's interested we get job openings through out the Maryland Transportation System put in our mail boxes every day. They have a few office related jobs that pop up in different areas. It covers SHA, MTA & MdTA. I'd skip the MTA stuff, but SHA and MdTA isn't bad

It's great benifits and vacation. Just may require on call status for snow season.

I'll keep an eye out for something for you.

HisCombatMama

Feb 3, 2009
    They are hiring "data collectors" at Aberdeen Proving Ground. The job involves taking data on military test vehicles and equipment and writing the information up into reports. They require transcripts (college or high school) with at least a 3.0 GPA in Math, Science and English. While the work isn't done in an office setting the job pays well.

https://www.cytiva.com/jacobs/ext/detail.asp?jacobs8697

There are other job openings posted here as well... https://www.cytiva.com/jacobs/ext/tpl.asp

MrWhiteRabbit

Firefighter Gone Awry
    Sep 23, 2007
    If she's interested we get job openings through out the Maryland Transportation System put in our mail boxes every day. They have a few office related jobs that pop up in different areas. It covers SHA, MTA & MdTA. I'd skip the MTA stuff, but SHA and MdTA isn't bad

It's great benifits and vacation. Just may require on call status for snow season.

I'll keep an eye out for something for you.

That would be great, thanks! How would she apply for something like that? Is there an online application or should she apply in your office?

MrWhiteRabbit

Firefighter Gone Awry
    Sep 23, 2007
    They are hiring "data collectors" at Aberdeen Proving Ground. The job involves taking data on military test vehicles and equipment and writing the information up into reports. They require transcripts (college or high school) with at least a 3.0 GPA in Math, Science and English. While the work isn't done in an office setting the job pays well.

https://www.cytiva.com/jacobs/ext/detail.asp?jacobs8697

There are other job openings posted here as well... https://www.cytiva.com/jacobs/ext/tpl.asp

Do you think it would be a problem if she was home-schooled and no college experience?

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    That would be great, thanks! How would she apply for something like that? Is there an online application or should she apply in your office?

I got my job off of thier web site. But they don't have any of the administrative jobs on there right now.

If I get any announcements I'll let you know. Things are a little tight money & hiring wise right now, but they will loosen up in a month or two. The good thing about the transporation section of the state is they have to keep the roads in decent shape, that means our budget cuts are not as deep as others in the state.

Lambo

R.I.P.
    Dec 6, 2005
    Bel Air, Maryland
    The Security Company that employee's me is hiring PT Gate Guards. $12.00 hrly, must have TWIC Card, Phone & Transportation.
    Must provide your own Pants (Navy Blue or Black BDUs) and Black Boots or Shoes. The rest of the Uniform is provided at no cost to the employee.

mdjamesd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    Towson
    has she tried applying for a census job? One of my coworkers is looking at it for part time work. He said it was approx. $15 per hour

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Don, DD214, due to the unique tough times we are in currently, I add to the request for a jobs forum created for the next six months to a year even though I am generally against new forums on this board.
    It is a needed service and if it is on this board it will serve the public in general, but more importantly since this is a gun rights board, it will serve the pro RKBA community the most or first.

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    Don, DD214, due to the unique tough times we are in currently, I add to the request for a jobs forum created for the next six months to a year even though I am generally against new forums on this board.
    It is a needed service and if it is on this board it will serve the public in general, but more importantly since this is a gun rights board, it will serve the pro RKBA community the most or first.

Done.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Yeah, yeah. I'm sitting in a hotel room in Florida, knee deep in empty Sierra Nevada bottles, so cut me some slack. Let's just say that Engrish isn't my 'thing' right now. :D

Maybe the paper, fruity drink umbrella obscured your vision of the screen....:lol2:

EVOIXGSR

Straight Baller Status
    Mar 13, 2008
    Baltimore Co.
    With all the talk of layoffs and firings in that other thread, maybe there is someone on the forum here who can offer even part-time work to those among us who may need the help.

For example, I know my girlfriend is looking for office administration type work. She's got great computer office and typing skills, is presentable, professional, and flexible enough to fit into most any office environment.

Maybe there's someone here in the Baltimore/Annapolis/DC corridor who needs some secretarial/administrative help? Are there others here who want to post their work fields or openings?

+1. Something I have been thinking bout for a while now.

If anybody is in the civil engineer/CEI/environmental science/land development field, and you have some experience, let me know via PM what your credentials are and I'll search my companies database. I'll split any finders fee I get if you get hired as well of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom