• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    Jacqueline, I am watching now on a re-run of Dana. You are awesome. Thanks to Dana for getting you on TV and I hope the audience was huge.

Yes, I realize there is a YT video. ;) It's just better on TV.

Jack McCauley

Oct 16, 2014
    Wow. What a great job. It is a shame that the State of Maryland forces a women to relive her past and expose personal experiences for the sake of restoring her Second Amendment right. I get angry watching this. It fuels my fire even more to help right this ship. God bless you Jacqueline!!!

Wow. What a great job. It is a shame that the State of Maryland forces a women to relive her past and expose personal experiences for the sake of restoring her Second Amendment right. I get angry watching this. It fuels my fire even more to help right this ship. God bless you Jacqueline!!!

It's great to hear a statement like that from the "other" side (that was meant with all due respect :thumbsup:).

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    Jaqueline did a great job.

If I were to do that, which I am not as brave as her, I would say, Maryland should respect my right to self defense - not Maryland should give me the right to self defense.

The right of self defense in inalienable, given by our creators. Maryland currently unlawfully restricts that right.

The state governs by consent of the people. Please don't give them any more power than they already abuse.

Mr Bear

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Maryland
    Jacqueline, you were magnificent. Thanks for being brave & eloquent.

Although I've taught my lady friend to shoot defensively, it pains me that neither she nor I can cc for our own protection.

Great job.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    A friend emailed this to me. Very happy to see it already posted here.

Jacqueline - you are a great Patriot!

If you need someone (i.e. me!) to assist you with any little admin MSI business or whatever; just ask. You should have my home/cell number. Just let me know. Also - I offer you and any friend of yours 1 hour of free firearms training. Where ever you are; I'll take you one level up. Promise.

JoeRinMD

Rifleman
    Jul 18, 2008
    AA County
    Good job, Jacqueline!! Starting with your testimony before the GA, I'm sure that had to be an incredibly tough thing to do.

JoeR

navycraig

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2009
    St. Mary's
    Jacqueline being on our side is a huge advantage, no doubt. The testimony that she gave and the Blaze interview hold important messages that needs to be heard by the masses and I have no doubt that there is more of the same for her in the future, meaning that she'll have more interviews and opportunities to serve the 2A cause. It takes courage and commitment to do what she is doing and I respect her deeply for it.

That said (and I know this won't be well received), I believe that because she will probably be in the spotlight more often, she would be well served to alter her message slightly. Sure, it resonates very well with all of us, but to someone on the fence who may use her comments to help them decide, it may come off differently. My recommendations are:
    - Lose the finger quotes. They don't play well, IMO.
    - Lose the cliché of Judged by 12 or carried by 6. Those terms come off as hyperbole and turn folks off.
    - Her statement that the constitution gives us the right is inaccurate. The constitution protects the right.
    - With respect to the guy in her back yard with tape and scissors; it's her yard, her property and she could have defended herself with a firearm if need be.
    - Her statements focus on women when this is a citizens issue. I'm on the fence here because maybe the women angle plays better. Undecided, but worth considering.

Trust me, I'm not blasting, but simply trying to tidy up the message a little because I think that it will be heard over and over again in the future and I'm grateful for what she has and continues to do for the cause.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    I've known Jacqueline for couple of years. She is one special person.

Within those years I have known her.. She went from quiet and eager to learn... to a full speed train. She learned how to shoot. She learned to be an instructor. She helps when she can.. Now fighting hard to help the 2A cause.

A good friend to have on your side.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    I've known Jacqueline for couple of years. She is one special person.

Within those years I have known her.. She went from quiet and eager to learn... to a full speed train. She learned how to shoot. She learned to be an instructor. She helps when she can.. Now fighting hard to help the 2A cause.

A good friend to have on your side.

:thumbsup:

LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.
    I will be posting the following to as many threads as needed to keep things alive, apologies ahead of time.

Normally I am not one to post "see what i wrote", however I think we should take a page out of the liberal playbook and get to it with the shame game. More than that we need to take advantage of the current activity on social media sites, and internet news sites of Jacqueline's testimony.
    I don't know of any better sites to submit stories to (I only read MDS and Drudgereport), but I attempted to submit the below links to http://drudgereport.com/ in hopes of them getting it on their frontpage to keep up the momentum. I do not know how Drudgereport promotes stores to their frontpage but I encourage all to submit the links to Drudge on the submit box on the frontpage.

Please feel free to take inspiration from the emails I sent. Please at least change up some of the wording if you are going to copy. The teacher can always spot plagiarism.
    I personalized each email to each Delegate and Senator in hopes they will actually read past their name on the first line. Sent extra personalized email to the chairmen of the committees.

Subject: Please read by 3/23 and take action

Honorable Delegate XYZ,

I am writing today to thank you for taking the time to listen to bills in the Judiciary committee that are of concern to me last Tuesday 3/10/2015. I submitted writing testimony on most bills that day, but especially HB432 and HB767. I think you may remember oral testimony given by Jacqueline Kahn. Here is a youtube link of her testimony to the senate Judicial Proceedings committee to refresh your memory https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD4J1kscK1Q
    If you have been checking your favorite internet news sites you may have even seen the above link. News of this testimony is even making its way across the ocean to other nations. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ring-demand-right-carry-concealed-weapon.html

Therefore I am kindly requesting that you personally encourage the chairman to bring HB432 and HB767 up for a committee vote, and for you to vote favorably on it. Do you want to be known as the delegate against rape victims, or potential rape victims, your wives, your daughters?

Thank you very much,

LCPIWB
    <Private info redacted>

Subject: Please read by 3/23 and take action

Honorable Senator XYZ,

I am writing today to thank you for taking the time to listen to bills in the Judicial Proceedings committee that are of concern to me last Thursday 3/12/2015. I submitted writing testimony on most bills that day, but especially SB100. I think you may remember oral testimony given by Jacqueline Kahn. Here is a youtube link to refresh your memory https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD4J1kscK1Q
    If you have been checking your favorite internet sites you may have even seen the above link. News of this testimony is even making its way across the ocean to other nations. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ring-demand-right-carry-concealed-weapon.html

Therefore I am kindly requesting that you personally encourage the chairman to bring SB100 up for a committee vote, and for you to vote favorably on it. Do you want to be known as the senator against rape victims, or potential rape victims, your wives, your daughters?

Thank you very much,

LCPIWB
    <Private info redacted>

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    Jacqueline being on our side is a huge advantage, no doubt. The testimony that she gave and the Blaze interview hold important messages that needs to be heard by the masses and I have no doubt that there is more of the same for her in the future, meaning that she'll have more interviews and opportunities to serve the 2A cause. It takes courage and commitment to do what she is doing and I respect her deeply for it.

That said (and I know this won't be well received), I believe that because she will probably be in the spotlight more often, she would be well served to alter her message slightly. Sure, it resonates very well with all of us, but to someone on the fence who may use her comments to help them decide, it may come off differently. My recommendations are:
    - Lose the finger quotes. They don't play well, IMO.
    - Lose the cliché of Judged by 12 or carried by 6. Those terms come off as hyperbole and turn folks off.
    - Her statement that the constitution gives us the right is inaccurate. The constitution protects the right.
    - With respect to the guy in her back yard with tape and scissors; it's her yard, her property and she could have defended herself with a firearm if need be.
    - Her statements focus on women when this is a citizens issue. I'm on the fence here because maybe the women angle plays better. Undecided, but worth considering.

Trust me, I'm not blasting, but simply trying to tidy up the message a little because I think that it will be heard over and over again in the future and I'm grateful for what she has and continues to do for the cause.

Well said. The only thing I would say differently is that the way she has of doing things make her seem more like an everyday person that had horrible things happen to her, rather than a ringer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    roth405

Latest threads

Top Bottom