Jackie Schmidt Shoots 0.1118 5-Target Agg at 100 yards with 30 BR — Best in History

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Todd v.

Ultimate Member
    Nov 30, 2008
    South Carolina
    All I can say is WOW!!!! Figured you precision shooters would find this interesting, and it was done with some wind...... Check out the article.

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com...-agg-at-100-yards-with-30-br-best-in-history/

Texan Jackie Schmidt, using a 13.5-lb 30BR Heavy Varmint rifle, has shot a pending NBRSA world record 5-target, 5-shot-per-target Aggregate at 100 yards. Jackie’s 5×5x100 Agg measured 0.1118! How small is that? To help our readers visualize this, the illustration at right shows what a SINGLE 0.111″ 5-shot group (with .30-cal holes) would look like. Jackie’s actual measured group sizes for his five-target Aggregate were: .153, .093, .120, .100, and .093

Eudaimonia

Sep 1, 2009
    Wow.

I like the guys attitude too!

“Today everything was right. The rifle was shooting impeccably, I had a good handle on the conditions, and just didn’t make a mistake.” Jackie added: “These days are few and far between — you just have to cherish the moment.”

andyman

Former Senior Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    pg county
    How is this scored? How can you get a .1118" agg group with 25 shots shooting a .300" bullet?

His grouping is 1/3 the diameter of his projectile, obviously there's something I don't undrstand.

sorry if the question seems dense to those in the know......

andy

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    How is this scored? How can you get a .1118" agg group with 25 shots shooting a .300" bullet?

His grouping is 1/3 the diameter of his projectile, obviously there's something I don't undrstand.

sorry if the question seems dense to those in the know......

andy

center of one hole to the center of the other.

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    center of one hole to the center of the other.

Actually I think in this case you would measure outside edge to outside edge at farthest points then subtract the actual bullet diameter on the paper. I can't see you finding the center to center on a one hole group like that.

andyman

Former Senior Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    pg county
    Theorhetically both of these would produce the same dimention, wouldn't they. WOW, at 100yards he shot a group of .393" with a .300" projectile. Talk about one ragged hole.:bowdown::shocking:

andy

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom