• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    I have a vedder light tuck for mine, its fine. Well made but its a bigger fatter gun so it is what it is

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Phlster can be comfortable. You'd have to find a kydex holster compatible with their system though. Also, it's not a "right out of the box" sort of thing, in the case of a pistol that they don't have a ready-made holster for. Expect to take a few days assembling and adjusting, until you get it all sorted to fit your particular body. Then it's surprisingly comfortable, at least relative to other IWB choices.

If you go that route, give serious thought to their "sport belt" option.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Phlster can be comfortable. You'd have to find a kydex holster compatible with their system though. Also, it's not a "right out of the box" sort of thing, in the case of a pistol that they don't have a ready-made holster for. Expect to take a few days assembling and adjusting, until you get it all sorted to fit your particular body. Then it's surprisingly comfortable, at least relative to other IWB choices.

If you go that route, give serious thought to their "sport belt" option.
    No one is using an enigma with a full size pistol.

jlax2485

MDS Supporter
    Aug 3, 2023
    Baldwin, MD
    I'm a big fan of hidden hybrid holsters- I have one for my PDP and it is extremely comfortable.

Blackstar65

Ultimate Member
    Jun 27, 2010
    Does anyone have any good experiences with any particular IWB holster with this full size pistol?
    I carry a G17 or a VP9 IWB in either a Phlster Floodlight or a LAS Concealment Saya 2.0 pretty much every day for 15-plus hours a day most days. Anyone saying it's a terrible way to carry must buy shitty holsters. It's a great way to carry. buy a quality holster. Spend money on a quality holster. Try JM Custom kydex.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I carry a G17 or a VP9 IWB in either a Phlster Floodlight or a LAS Concealment Saya 2.0 pretty much every day for 15-plus hours a day most days. Anyone saying it's a terrible way to carry must buy shitty holsters. It's a great way to carry. buy a quality holster. Spend money on a quality holster. Try JM Custom kydex.
    A phlster enigma contraption in your crotch is a shitty way to carry a full size pistol.

Those 2 holsters of yours are no more comfortable than any ther kydex IWB on the market. So you have some cushion behind them that goes against your hip? Because that's the only way any holster would not cause any discomfort.

Blackstar65

Ultimate Member
    Jun 27, 2010
    I don't carry appendix carry because I suffer from noassatall which requires I keep.my belt too tight to make it comfortable. I carry at 3 I clock. No padding it's not needed.
    A phlster enigma contraption in your crotch is a shitty way to carry a full size pistol.

Those 2 holsters of yours are no more comfortable than any ther kydex IWB on the market. So you have some cushion behind them that goes against your hip? Because that's the only way any holster would not cause any ddiscomfort

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    I'm a big fan of hidden hybrid holsters- I have one for my PDP and it is extremely comfortable.

Now I'm going to have to try one.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Old school solution is still one of the best solutions

Milt Sparks Summer Special or SS II has always worked for many for hot or cold weather IWB. Test drove a Versa Max 2 but not enough to convince me to give up on my my SS or SS-II

cobra

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2009
    White Marsh
    Betting like most here you will buy several holster till finding the one that best fits you.
    Doupt anyone buys one holster and decides to stick with it.

Example, bought Kydex holsters that fit ok. But glueing a piece of high density foam to backing to make more comfortable against my skin made it a great holster for some occasions.

msinc

Mar 12, 2010
    I have spent hundreds of dollars on many different IWB holsters....I really wish I could find one that works for me, but they are just too uncomfortable. I will keep trying, but I am not real optimistic.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom