• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • parbreak

Ultimate Member
    Feb 18, 2008
    Received my Utah Instructor credentials today. Will be setting up a class very soon at an EXTREMELY good price for all MD Shooters. If you're thinking of taking this class hang tight. Good things come to those who wait :thumbsup:

Bryan

parbreak

Ultimate Member
    Feb 18, 2008
    Sounds good. Starting an "OFFICIAL INTEREST LIST"

1. Maverick0313
    2. Matlack
    3. Onua
    4. 3rdRCN
    5. Eudaimonia
    6. Janoss
    7. Havredegraceshooter
    8. Boricuamaximus
    9. Boricuamaximus +1
    10. Whisker45-70
    11. Dreago
    12. disco dan
    13. tss1004
    14. tzoid
    15. jas
    16. lawyer56
    17. azmd
    18. longhammer
    19. 12a10

Last edited:

Eudaimonia

Sep 1, 2009
    I am definitely interested! This has been on my to-do list.

Are you planning on having it be "one stop shopping" with all the fingerprints, photos, and all the other little bits taken care of? I thought I remembered you saying something like that when I spoke with you, but that was a while ago.

parbreak

Ultimate Member
    Feb 18, 2008
    I am definitely interested! This has been on my to-do list.

Are you planning on having it be "one stop shopping" with all the fingerprints, photos, and all the other little bits taken care of? I thought I remembered you saying something like that when I spoke with you, but that was a while ago.

Class will be a "One Stop Shop" experience. Will include EVERYTHING you need for your application including:

Copy of Driver's License
    Fingerprints
    Passport Photos
    Notarized Application
    Stamped Application with my Utah ID
    Postage to Utah
    Course Completion Certificate

Bryan

Last edited:

parbreak

Ultimate Member
    Feb 18, 2008
    Little extra incentive here folks:

If someone wants to provide, meaning FREE to me, a suitable location to hold a class, that person will receive the class FREE of charge.

Examples:

Gun Clubs
    Lodges (Elks, Moose, Masonic, American Legion, etc.)
    Meeting rooms at your work
    Etc, Etc, Etc.

Stipulations:

Must have 10 people signed up and paid in order to qualify. That should be pretty easy to do. I obviously will try to fill the class on my end too.

Bryan Fletcher

parbreak

Ultimate Member
    Feb 18, 2008
    Do you have an itinerary of what will be covered in the course. THANKS!

N,

Much of the material is taken right from the NRA Basic Pistol course, which I know you are familiar with. That is:

1) Handgun safety rules
    2) Parts and operation
    3) Ammunition
    4) Care and storage
    5) Shooting Fundamentals

And then a great deal of time is spent on Federal and Utah State Law. As a Utah Instructor and you as a Utah Permit holder, we must teach and you must have a cursory knowledge of Utah Law since it is a Utah Permit. I will be adding in a very short extra module comparing Utah Law with MD Law pending approval from Utah's BCI.

Then we will be spending a good deal of time on the application process, filling out the application, documentation that must accompany it, etc.

We will discuss difference between Reciprocity and Recognition and what that means to us an MD residents.

That's just a small sampling of what will be discussed and demonstrated.

Thanks
    Bryan

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    N,

Much of the material is taken right from the NRA Basic Pistol course, which I know you are familiar with. That is:

1) Handgun safety rules
    2) Parts and operation
    3) Ammunition
    4) Care and storage
    5) Shooting Fundamentals

And then a great deal of time is spent on Federal and Utah State Law. As a Utah Instructor and you as a Utah Permit holder, we must teach and you must have a cursory knowledge of Utah Law since it is a Utah Permit. I will be adding in a very short extra module comparing Utah Law with MD Law pending approval from Utah's BCI.

Then we will be spending a good deal of time on the application process, filling out the application, documentation that must accompany it, etc.

We will discuss difference between Reciprocity and Recognition and what that means to us an MD residents.

That's just a small sampling of what will be discussed and demonstrated.

Thanks
    Bryan

Thank you Brian....I wasn't sure if it covered drawing and firing from the concealed carry positions and like PPOTH type course.

parbreak

Ultimate Member
    Feb 18, 2008
    Any chance of doing a combined course that would also cover requirements and prints for the Florida Non-Resident CCP?

I have to review the FL requirements, but I believe the prints must be taken by a law enforcement agency. Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong on that note.

Bryan

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom