• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    I got my form in the mail already. Looks like they took John J's (AGC LVP) version with the blank for the year and filled in the year by hand.

TheTruth

Sep 19, 2006
    Thanks! I have had them send in the past and not in others. IIRC, they did send out forms last year. I am not far from you - maybe mine will show up tomorrow.

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    Mine came on Monday, with the year covered in white-out and 2012 written in.

Bryan

fnfalsar48

Feb 27, 2011
    Virginia
    Last year I scaned the pdf file into Accrobat and made the blanks fillable. This year all I had to do is change the year at the top and for the signature date. Mine was mailed certified return reciept and return copy yesterday.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Last year I scaned the pdf file into Accrobat and made the blanks fillable. This year all I had to do is change the year at the top and for the signature date. Mine was mailed certified return reciept and return copy yesterday.

:thumbsup: Would you be willing to post a copy on here that we can download? That would be a handy pdf file, especially if you can save the input data.

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    The PDFs on the listed MSP website have fillable blanks, but I don't know if they can be saved.

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    The annual registration form doesn't seem to let me fill in any blanks. Can you share one that does that?

I just downloaded the ones at the MSP link (in the first post) to my Linux, Windows and Mac boxes. Both files are fillable on the Mac (with Preview), but not on the Linux box. On my Windows box they're not even fillable with Acrobat Pro.

Looks like it's a Mac feature.

Bryan

mch28

Sep 20, 2007

+1 this is what I did too. Just change the date.

:thumbsup: Would you be willing to post a copy on here that we can download? That would be a handy pdf file, especially if you can save the input data.

http://icac.mdsp.org/downloads/MachineGunRegistration.pdf

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    What constitutes a machine gun?

A gun that goes BANG, BANG when you pull the trigger once.

A gun that goes BANG when you pull the trigger once is Semi Auto or slower.

That is in the state of MD.

For the ATF, it would be the above and/or just the receiver of a gun that if full operational goes BANG, BANG.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Good explaination. Are you available for firearms training and operation at kids parties? :D

Yeah I did not know exactly how to take that question. It was a very general question where most would ask a little more detailed question as most have a general idea of what a MG is. So I gave a fun but true answer.

To answer your question yes, and I use a Paintball gun and shoot the kids with paintballs in FA and SA modes until they get it. They pick it up quick!

<Mach1

Past the Vanishing Point
    Mar 3, 2008
    Anybody with a Trust know how you are supposed to register it? Like in your name or the trusts name?
    ericoak, register everything with MDSP in your name. To the best of my knowledge there is still no provision for a trust & I continually inquire regarding collectables.

On a different note, as always I'm late to the forum & never at the range but for those could use it here is a pdf folks can hopefully fill out, save & re-use as time progresses (if I got it correct). I chopped this one down to 3 pages & edited the replications I had to unique values but please check it to make sure what you enter doesn't carry over to other lines or pages.

If anyone notices an issue with it let me know asap & I'll correct it this weekend.

Happy registrations
    <1

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom