Is the MSAR the most cost-effective way to get a Steyr AUG?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CKOD

Jan 30, 2009
    And what does the one army that uses glocks use as its main rifle?

The reason you dont see alot of AUG style rifles is for years they werent affordible. Also, you cant dress them up like the AR "Barbie doll for men" 15. They also dont have a ton of rail space for people to hang lights,lasers,can openers,beer dispensers, off of.

link to picatinny rail mount keg tap? :D

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    I like AR15 rifles due to my proficiency/ Training with them as well. But as like Slimjim stated earlier, AUGS are not in the mainstream due to cost and importation restrictions. The recent availability of the AUGA3, MSARs and TPD have brought the AUG platform into the realm of reality.

It does not hurt to get proficient in another format.Old dogs can learn new tricks. Out all the 5.56mm bullpups out there, the AUG is still one of the best. For a rifle developed in the 70's, it is way ahead of its time.( LWRC/ HK brags about how the bolt group does not get dirty or hot after a magdump with the short stroke piston system, The AUG has been doing this from the get go, vertical foregrips? also from the AUG) There are a lot of bias against it, such as a bad trigger and you cant fire from the weak side. Most of which can be resolved easily with training. As for the MSAR STG556. It is a fine weapon. Once broken in, I will not hesitate to rely on it, the way I rely on my Colt AR.

It is not an AR nor does it feel like an Ar ( ACR, SIG556, SCAR) . That is why some people like it. AR15's are like AxxHxxxx, everybody has one. It also will not take an AR15 stock..:) No carrier tilt issues there.
    A little variety won't hurt. We also have to remember that most rifles that we own are " recreational rifles" these are not going to be subjected to the same requirements of a military mission. So buy what makes you smile the most.

Attachments

• IMG_0200.jpg
      IMG_0200.jpg
      84.1 KB · Views: 70

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    I hate you guys. One of these is on my short list. It will be my next rifle if I don't pick an Arsenal SGL-31 in 5.45x39mm.

A guy at school has one in coyote/dark earth or whatever Microtech calls it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom