Is it currently bow season for anything?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rob

DINO Extraordinaire
    Oct 11, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    Really stupid question here, but I don't hunt so I don't follow this...

Is it currently bow season for anything?

My neighbor is concerned because she just saw some guy get out of his car in camo w/ bow and walk into the woods next to her house. There is some private property back there, but we've never seen anyone go into hunt there before.

Thanks!
    Rob.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    If it's her property, call the police.

If he's 150.1 yards from her house, none of her business.

If she thinks he is poaching other people's property, contact the other property owner.

Tell her not to confront him herself.

In the Hereford area, we still have idiots who drive around looking to kill deer with guns on other folks property and then run off with the deer real quick.

She is getting off easy with a bow hunter.

Pstango

Sep 21, 2011
    Mary Esther, FL
    It is still bow season... As long as he has permission to hunt on private property, he's perfectly legal.

Edit: btw this iteration of archery season lasts until November 28 and starts back up December 15th. Check out DNR's webpage for more information.

fscwi

Ultimate Member
    Feb 21, 2012
    You can still hunt with a bow from Nov. 29 - Dec. 14, but you must use your firearms tag on any deer you shoot.

It is still bow season... As long as he has permission to hunt on private property, he's perfectly legal.

Edit: btw this iteration of archery season lasts until November 28 and starts back up December 15th. Check out DNR's webpage for more information.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Bow season is from early Sept to January.

The deer he kills will be better on the grill than the grille (as in, of her car).

As long as its private property, and he's obeying the other laws, no need to be concerned. Hunting accidents are falls from tree stands and hypothermia, not accidentally shooting things.

People do poach however.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    It is bow season, pretty much all through the end of Jan, you can hunt with a bow, but.... you do need WRITTEN permission (on your person when hunting(and ID)) to hunt private land that is not owned by you, so it's simple to stop and ask to see their permission slip. If they don't have one in writing, call the DNR police. ;)

rob

DINO Extraordinaire
    Oct 11, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    I told my neighbor not to sweat it, but I think she called DNR anyway.

If I hear the outcome, I'll post.

Thanks!

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Yes! They need written permission from the land owner.

Keep this in mind. No hunter wants someone walking up to them and asking questions.

Especially if they are engaged in legal hunting activities.

Again, if she is concerned, she should contact the property owner. Don't approach the hunter.

Starting to sound like she has a problem with hunters and not the legality of the hunt.

HokieKev

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013

Just curious - you can also hunt with a bow during Firearms season too, right?

I ask because some locations (such as parks in PG county are bow only) - but I am assuming you can continue to hunt them with a bow even in firearms season.

c-03003

Sep 6, 2011
    Fort Washington, MD
    Yes! They need written permission from the land owner.

Keep this in mind. No hunter wants someone walking up to them and asking questions.

Especially if they are engaged in legal hunting activities.

Again, if she is concerned, she should contact the property owner. Don't approach the hunter.

Starting to sound like she has a problem with hunters and not the legality of the hunt.

It is actually illegal to interfere with someone legally hunting. Best to call DNR to deal with it given the circumstances.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I am surprised that somebody in Mount Airy is having an issue with seeing somebody else walk into the woods with a bow. I used to think of Mount Airy as the country. Heck, used to think of Howard County as the country. Looks like I might of had it wrong, or maybe I am biased by my memories from 30 years ago. Heck, Mount Airy has a Starbucks now, which means it cannot be that much "country" anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom