• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SRTMO

Apr 29, 2009
    Ceciltucky
    Is the range at Elk Neck open for use. Has anything changed other than there now being RSO's? Is it still $10 and are they still open on Sundays?

I wasn't sure if anything changed since the negligent discharge.

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    Is the range at Elk Neck open for use. Has anything changed other than there now being RSO's? Is it still $10 and are they still open on Sundays?

I wasn't sure if anything changed since the negligent discharge.

The RSO program won't start until the thanksgiving weekend, they are open every day but Monday. Monday they are open after 4pm and the fee's are the same.

tzoid

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 8, 2007
    As Terry stated and to clarify. 10 bucks per day or 50 bucks for the year.

scribe556

Apr 3, 2009
    I went there and everyone there seemed very safe and aware of everyone else. Does anyone do the 50 a year option here? I might do that in January to get the year's "deal".
    The only thing is you need to build a target stand (or use string over the beams like some do).

rich96c4ce

Nov 22, 2009
    A.A.
    Aren't the State ranges closed during deer season? Does that mean firearm season, or all weapons season or firearm and ML?

organized_mayhem

Legend in my own mind
    Aren't the State ranges closed during deer season? Does that mean firearm season, or all weapons season or firearm and ML?

Elk Neck is only closed 1 day a year. A Saturday in September if I remember correctly.

As others have stated. No targets hanging from baffles. Its always been the rule, but many haven't been following it. It is now being enforced on weekends by the Range Safety Volunteers (RSV) on duty.

300RUM

Custom Member
    Oct 19, 2009
    North East
    I believe most of the people I see there (me too) do the $50 for the year except for around deer season then most of the people there pay for the day.

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    I went there and everyone there seemed very safe and aware of everyone else. Does anyone do the 50 a year option here? I might do that in January to get the year's "deal".
    The only thing is you need to build a target stand (or use string over the beams like some do).

you should contact 3rdrcn and get your name on the list to be a range safty volunteer. When we get more experience at this they will put another class together for training and then you will be certified. The bonus is you get the use of the range for free if you are a volunteer. We have been there since Thanks Giving weekend, on the weekends and is been positive for all.

scribe556

Apr 3, 2009
    tdt91,

Thanks for the info. I might look into that. All, I didn't use the string method, but was unaware of the no baffle rule. I'll mention it if I see it again.

Thanks.

rrrrrrkevin

Its comin right for me!
    Jul 18, 2008
    North Beach
    I never did the 50 per year because I asked the guy in the building by the honor box and he explained to me that I had to pay 50 dollars upfront and then I had to pay for my next 5 trips and then I was good for the year.

organized_mayhem

Legend in my own mind
    I never did the 50 per year because I asked the guy in the building by the honor box and he explained to me that I had to pay 50 dollars upfront and then I had to pay for my next 5 trips and then I was good for the year.

Don't know who told you that. You pay $50 and you are good to go. No additional cost. Also you can now buy the yearly permit online and should also be able to buy it any place that sells hunting licenses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom