Introductory Workshops on Shooting Field Target October 28/2023 and Nov 4/2023 I can invite TWO guests to each

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sep 28, 2023
    Darnestown, MD
    As published to the members of IWL/WAC:

"The Adult Airgun Program will sponsor 3 hour workshops held at the Chapter's Outdoor Airgun range, on Saturday October 28 and November 4, from 10:00 am till 1:00 pm to get you going in this high precision shooting sport.

You will learn the basics of FT shooting, and if you like it you can shoot in a match on Sunday November 5, all at no cost to you. The equipment and training will be provided by The Adult Airgun Program of the Chapter. Prior experience with Airguns is not required, but familiarity with the safe handling of firearms or 10 meter high precision air rifles is.

We have two rifles available as loaners. These have been custom tuned for Field Target shooting by CCA, and are pre charged pneumatic (PCP) rifles made by Diana. They are equipped with Lothar Walther barrels, pressure regulators, and have Hawke Airmax 6-24x50 scopes with illuminated reticles. We guarantee that it is possible to be highly competitive with these loaner rifles, but it will be up to you to learn how to shoot them accurately. This is where the workshop comes in.

We will teach you how to safely load and discharge air rifles; how to estimate target range, which will vary from 10-55 yards; how to adjust your holdover, so that you can hit the target consistently, even though the trajectory of your rounds will vary substantially over this range; and how to adjust for the effects of wind. We will show you how the metal targets used for Field Target work, and how to reset them.

You will have the opportunity to shoot both paper targets to start, followed by a range of metal targets like those used in matches once you are confident in your accuracy. This would be an excellent opportunity for those in the Junior program to experience a different sport in which we shoot outdoors with targets placed at 10-55 yards."

So, whether you are an experienced long range shooter, or not, it should be fun, entertaining, and the worst that can happen is that you like it.

;-)

If you are a member of the WAC, let Mark Mayer know at mayer.mlmet@gmail.com
    If you are not, but want to go, let me know in a PM here. I can ONLY INVITE TWO persons to each date. So please let me know ASAP if you are interested.

THANKS!

HM

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    As published to the members of IWL/WAC:

"The Adult Airgun Program will sponsor 3 hour workshops held at the Chapter's Outdoor Airgun range, on Saturday October 28 and November 4, from 10:00 am till 1:00 pm to get you going in this high precision shooting sport.

You will learn the basics of FT shooting, and if you like it you can shoot in a match on Sunday November 5, all at no cost to you. The equipment and training will be provided by The Adult Airgun Program of the Chapter. Prior experience with Airguns is not required, but familiarity with the safe handling of firearms or 10 meter high precision air rifles is.

We have two rifles available as loaners. These have been custom tuned for Field Target shooting by CCA, and are pre charged pneumatic (PCP) rifles made by Diana. They are equipped with Lothar Walther barrels, pressure regulators, and have Hawke Airmax 6-24x50 scopes with illuminated reticles. We guarantee that it is possible to be highly competitive with these loaner rifles, but it will be up to you to learn how to shoot them accurately. This is where the workshop comes in.

We will teach you how to safely load and discharge air rifles; how to estimate target range, which will vary from 10-55 yards; how to adjust your holdover, so that you can hit the target consistently, even though the trajectory of your rounds will vary substantially over this range; and how to adjust for the effects of wind. We will show you how the metal targets used for Field Target work, and how to reset them.

You will have the opportunity to shoot both paper targets to start, followed by a range of metal targets like those used in matches once you are confident in your accuracy. This would be an excellent opportunity for those in the Junior program to experience a different sport in which we shoot outdoors with targets placed at 10-55 yards."

So, whether you are an experienced long range shooter, or not, it should be fun, entertaining, and the worst that can happen is that you like it.

;-)

If you are a member of the WAC, let Mark Mayer know at mayer.mlmet@gmail.com
    If you are not, but want to go, let me know in a PM here. I can ONLY INVITE TWO persons to each date. So please let me know ASAP if you are interested.

THANKS!

HM
    Just a heads up - you won't be able to receive any PMs until you reach a certain post count. Your post count is currently 2. It needs to get to 50 or you need to become a site supporter to access PMs or the classifieds, IIRC.

Sep 28, 2023
    Darnestown, MD
    Just a heads up - you won't be able to receive any PMs until you reach a certain post count. Your post count is currently 2. It needs to get to 50 or you need to become a site supporter to access PMs or the classifieds, IIRC.
    Ooops!
    I understand the rule for the classifieds...
    Anyway, sorry guys, I do not make the rules and I will not create "bogus" postings just to relay a public service announcement.
    Google "Hector's Airgun Blog" and contact me through my webpage if you are interested.

Keep well and shoot straight!

HM

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom