• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Rimfire only, there is one sitting at Gunrack if its your pleasure. If you want to go to Centerfire CZ makes a neat little sub that is on the roster in .32 ACP not much better but some.

BTW does anyone know what mags these things use?

coinboy

Yeah, Sweet Lemonade.
    Oct 22, 2007
    Howard County
    Rimfire only, there is one sitting at Gunrack if its your pleasure. If you want to go to Centerfire CZ makes a neat little sub that is on the roster in .32 ACP not much better but some.

How much is the one at gunrack anyway?

Tec-22 uses Ruger 10/22 mags. Most aftermarket mags don't work well though. Ruger 10 round mags work great but are a bit hard to remove from the mag well because of how short they are. There are/were intratec mags made for the gun but are hard to find.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    $375, a little pricey for a gun with worn parkerization. The bolts are also weird, they almost look porous.

How is that Skorpian doing, that may have to be on this year's list now prices have come down some.

2Asales&Supplies

, , Up In Arms Since 2009
    Industry Partner
    Aug 5, 2009

We stock the Czechpoint Vz61. It is a well built little gun. They are available in pistol and SBR form.

Vz61.jpg

I believe the Intratec takes 10-22 mags

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    The Tec22's are not good guns at all. The ejectors are plastic.

The gun has a neat factor but they have serious reliability issues. Better option is a ruger 10/22 charger with a modified tactical stock (With no Buttstock), or a GSG5 Pistol (Im not real fond of these either)

The Skorpion guns arent bad at all, if you decide to get one, 2A SAles will take care of you.

coinboy

Yeah, Sweet Lemonade.
    Oct 22, 2007
    Howard County
    $375, a little pricey for a gun with worn parkerization. The bolts are also weird, they almost look porous.

How is that Skorpian doing, that may have to be on this year's list now prices have come down some.

It's a beast! I love that little pistol and it's a bumpfiring machine! Just wish it was in a more common caliber.

As the others have said the Tec-22 is not a good gun. That is the one I owned in Gunrack. I was just wondering the markup he placed on it. Glad I got rid of it.

Bigdtc

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 6, 2007
    South Carolina
    I have a Tec-22 I enjoy very much. If you feed it good ammo, you'll have no problems. I use CCI Stingers in mine and it ejects them perfectly.The Scorpions got a bad reputation as "jammers" because people tended to try cheap, bulk ammo in them.( The owners manual recommend using GOOD ammo for reliability).. I have had two and the ejectors are metal.
    They do use Ruger 10/22 magazines and you will also have to use decent(pricey) mags in them. I use Butler Creek 25 round mags (@ $28.00 at a PA gun show)with metal feed lips and they work 100%.
    Dont let the rumors fool you, Use good ammo and mags, you'll have no problems.
    Here is a pdf. owners manual.

http://gunshowonthenet.com/Gun_Manuals/Gun_Manuals3/Intratec_Tec22.pdf

Here is a link to a guy that used one against "race gun" .22's and placed 2nd...

http://mrcompletely.blogspot.com/2005/06/intratec-tec-22-rim-fire-race-gun.html

TheCZ Scorpion is fun too but lower capacity and pricey ammo make them not as fun (to me) as the Tec.. Good luck.

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    I have a pair of them. I shaved down the magwells about a quarter inch to fit the 10/22 50 rnd drums, but regular 10/22 mags fit without modification. +1 on CCI stingers, they are the best round for the pistol.

lj020-1.jpg

Bigdtc

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 6, 2007
    South Carolina
    Forgot to add.. They are suprisingly accurate too. This target was shot at @ 12 yards, offhand......

Attachments

• HPIM1933.jpg
      HPIM1933.jpg
      83.5 KB · Views: 433

two_amen

May 19, 2008
    Double A's
    Thanks gentlemen... I am looking for a .22 pistol. The Ruger charger with an archangel stock & threaded barrel would be nice, but all in all come up between $550 -$600 total. One big plus is no need to purchase 10/22mags. I was also looking at the Browning Buckmark Camper.

Question, could you take a 10/22 rifle receiver and put it in the Charger Archangel Pistol (ARS) Package???

Bigdtc

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 6, 2007
    South Carolina
    You should be able to get a Scorpion Tec-22 off of Gunbroker or Auction Arms for $225.00-$275.00 + shipping and Md transfer.....( NO tax this way too)

two_amen

May 19, 2008
    Double A's
    I found the answer to my last question and it is NO, not simply. The Charger Archangel Pistol (ARS) Package with a 10/22 receiver would be considered a SBR and would need to be registered as such.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    It's a beast! I love that little pistol and it's a bumpfiring machine! Just wish it was in a more common caliber.

As the others have said the Tec-22 is not a good gun. That is the one I owned in Gunrack. I was just wondering the markup he placed on it. Glad I got rid of it.

DO EFFING WANT. I hate you.

As for the .22 Tec pistol, I dunno but I fired a 9mm one and it was a POS. Only firearm I've ever seen TRIPLE feed. Fail :sad20:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom