• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • navycraig

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2009
    St. Mary's
    I sent my application in around mid-August. Received a call yesterday afternoon from Sgt. Jones and my face to face interview is scheduled for tomorrow at the Waldorf Volunteer Fire House. We'll see how it goes and I'll report back.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I sent my application in around mid-August. Received a call yesterday afternoon from Sgt. Jones and my face to face interview is scheduled for tomorrow at the Waldorf Volunteer Fire House. We'll see how it goes and I'll report back.

Historically you've got 3 main possibilities.

1) Polite, courteous and prompt Trooper who treats you with the respect you are showing him.

2) The "it's not up to me" guy. This Trooper will be standoffish, appear to want to be 100% business and have a slight but still noticeable attitude that you are wasting his time.

3) The total prick, indoctrinated Trooper who thinks on the police and military should have guns, outright questions your motives as if you are lying to him and makes you feel as if you've wasted your time even showing up.

I'll be curious to hear which one you get. I've gotten two of those three, 1 and 2. I've personally witnessed Trooper #3 at the Bel Air Barracks while trying to legally transfer a handgun.

navycraig

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2009
    St. Mary's
    Historically you've got 3 main possibilities.

1) Polite, courteous and prompt Trooper who treats you with the respect you are showing him.

2) The "it's not up to me" guy. This Trooper will be standoffish, appear to want to be 100% business and have a slight but still noticeable attitude that you are wasting his time.

3) The total prick, indoctrinated Trooper who thinks on the police and military should have guns, outright questions your motives as if you are lying to him and makes you feel as if you've wasted your time even showing up.

I'll be curious to hear which one you get. I've gotten two of those three, 1 and 2. I've personally witnessed Trooper #3 at the Bel Air Barracks while trying to legally transfer a handgun.

If our phone conversation is any indication, it'll be #1.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Bring a fifth of your favorite liquor and a shot glass. Take one shot every time you hear the word "cash". My bet is you'll need a cab to get back home.

navycraig

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2009
    St. Mary's
    Bring a fifth of your favorite liquor and a shot glass. Take one shot every time you hear the word "cash". My bet is you'll need a cab to get back home.

Hmmm, I just picked up 3 bottles of Blanton's Bourbon yesterday. :D

I figure we'll be close enough to the Waldorf mall that I can just say..."dude, have you looked around here lately?"

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    At a firehall? Remember, the the reason for your application and interview is confidential, he cannot reveal that to anyone.

divingraven

Apr 24, 2013
    Eastern Shore
    If it's the same Sgt. Jones who did my interview, he is #1. There's a smidge of #2 implying that he has no authoritative power, but he definitely acted like #1.

Good luck.

navycraig

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2009
    St. Mary's
    Interview complete and I think it went well. Sgt. Jones was polite, professional, and personable. Went over my package in detail, asked questions, took notes and infomed me of the remainder of the process. Entire thing took about 20 minutes.
    He volunteered that they are a bit behind and trying to catch up. I should know something in a couple of weeks.
    My wife, boss and references were all called within an hour of the interview being completed.
    I hate the process, but Sgt. Jones was doing his job and I have zero qualms with how he did it.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Interview complete and I think it went well. Sgt. Jones was polite, professional, and personable. Went over my package in detail, asked questions, took notes and infomed me of the remainder of the process. Entire thing took about 20 minutes.
    He volunteered that they are a bit behind and trying to catch up. I should know something in a couple of weeks.
    My wife, boss and references were all called within an hour of the interview being completed.
    I hate the process, but Sgt. Jones was doing his job and I have zero qualms with how he did it.

Two weeks :)

Best wishes.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013

Know something about what? I'm over 90 days and nothing..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom