• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    Next time anyone goes into their local Walmart ask the nimrod if they carry fallopian tubes by the box... Tell them they are used for cleaning firearms.

Wait, do you know who Nimrod was?

"He was a mighty hunter before Yahweh. Therefore it is said, "Like Nimrod, a mighty hunter before Yahweh."

Copper

Shock Trooper In Stooper
    Jan 26, 2012
    I stopped in Htown Wally's and was purchasing a Cricket for my daughter and the guy says " You know, Rossi makes those so you know they're good guns." I said, I thought Keystone made them. He replied "They only sell them and we have a better price."

saltydog

Thank You NRA
    Feb 13, 2009
    The State of confusion
    Last October I visited a Walmart in Calvert County and ordered the Ruger .223 Ranch Rifle with the wood stock and blued barrel. The sales Manager told me the rifle would be in the store pronto because they sell a ton of the .223 ranch rifle. I paid half and the waiting began. I called almost a month after ordering it and they said it still hadn't showed. About three days later I got a call from Walmarts Lay Away Department telling me I need to pick my purchase up because it had been 30 days. When I told them it was a special order rifle I was told don't worry about this call.

We've been through October and most of November, and still no rifle. I even called again to see what the deal was? I was told no-one could help because their Manager wasn't there? The very next day I get this call telling me again my rifle needs to be picked up immediately from Lay Away? When I told the woman I was waiting on a call from the manager about this rifle, she said she was told to call me and tell me it was in.

I go to Wacko World immediately only to find the rifle doesn't exist at the store??? By now I'm getting slightly mad. When I asked the guy behind the rifle counter about my rifle? He finally calls Ruger to see why it's taken them so long to send the rifle to the store? Finally I find out the rifle I picked out of Wacko World's catalog and paid half down on, that store couldn't get that rifle?

Knowing I'm pissed by this time, the sales guy finds one they can get. It was the stainless model which is actually a better piece (the very same one I was told I couldn't order because they weren't allowed to sell the stainless model when I originally ordered the .223). The sales guy gave me his word the rifle would be there on the 27th of December (now into the third month). He said when it came in he would call.

December is a memory, The first week of January is almost over when I had enough. I went back to the store to get my money back. When I told the same guy behind the gun counter I wanted my money back he asked Why? He said the rifle was at the store. When I asked why he didn't call as promised, he said they were really busy at Christmas? Ugh, Really?

I finally took delivery of the rifle and left. I ain't ordering another gun from that store! I'll buy my stuff from St Mary's Wally World from now on.

Capt Skup

Ultimate Member
    Feb 29, 2012
    Calvert County
    I bought a blued, wood stock Ruger Mini-14 Ranch Rifle about two months ago from the Walmart in Calvert County (it now has a real nice black Hogue stock from Amazon.com $67.00), I paid $620 for the rifle. I also bought from the same store a Ruger 10/22 stainless with black stock about a week later for $197.00. Best price I have ever seen for the 10/22 in that configuration, about $100.00 less than the Tackle Box. The Ranch Rifle was about $200.00 less than at the Tackle Box. Lord those guys prices are high.
    Wally World is sure difficult to work with but there are good buys there sometimes, I buy engine oil and car soap there so when I am in the store I take a gander at what is available. Curious, why doesn't the Prince Frederick store carry guns?

saltydog

Thank You NRA
    Feb 13, 2009
    The State of confusion
    I bought a blued, wood stock Ruger Mini-14 Ranch Rifle about two months ago from the Walmart in Calvert County (it now has a real nice black Hogue stock from Amazon.com $67.00), I paid $620 for the rifle. I also bought from the same store a Ruger 10/22 stainless with black stock about a week later for $197.00. Best price I have ever seen for the 10/22 in that configuration, about $100.00 less than the Tackle Box. The Ranch Rifle was about $200.00 less than at the Tackle Box. Lord those guys prices are high.
    Wally World is sure difficult to work with but there are good buys there sometimes, I buy engine oil and car soap there so when I am in the store I take a gander at what is available. Curious, why doesn't the Prince Frederick store carry guns?

Capt, I spoke to the guy in the sports department and was told the Prince Frederick Wally World Manager said because they just completed the change-over in that store adding the food department and switching everything around in the entire store. The Manager said there was no way they were going to tear apart the area around the sports department to add a gun Department. Dunkirk said they wanted it when the Prince Frederick Manager refused. So Dunkirk got it.

I've purchased a 10/22 Ruger from St Mary's a couple of years ago for about the price you paid for yours. They are definitely cheaper than the Tackle Box for sure. The Tacklebox sells everything at Retail Pricing is why they're so high.

Capt Skup

Ultimate Member
    Feb 29, 2012
    Calvert County
    I stopped by the Prince Frederick store on the way home yesterday. Picked up another large (15 count) box of 12g. slugs to add to my, "when the Zombies attack" reserve. Here I am standing in front of the ammo case while the "sporting goods" guy is shooting the breeze with a customer. Hearing his tales of all he owns and does, I cannot help to wonder, "why then are you working at a crappy Walmart?" in crappy Prince Frederick? I really don't like going into a Walmart but nowhere else in Calvert sells ammo that I know of. Young guy in the California store(the one with the big earing) is about the most helpful employee of any Walmart sporting goods I have been in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom