• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    The cynic in me thinks they are only doing this because the gravy train has dried up and they are hurting for any business they can get.

That is exactly what I was thinking. The gun dealers and manufacturers had a wonderful 2013. 2014 is coming to a close and they are probably worrying about the bottom line being red. A lot of the manufacturers have been complaining that the demand has been down this year. Well, that is probably because people went ahead and blew a decade's worth of their gun budget in January, February, and March of 2013.

pilotguy299

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2010
    FredNeck County, MD
    If the industry really wanted to make a difference, they would stop ammunition sales to government agencies in states like CA, MD, and NJ. Agencies can put off buying new guns for a few years, but ammunition is not as easy to put off buying.

tomgreco

Ammo addict
    Sep 17, 2009
    Indian Head, MD
    This is the second such statement I've seen this week from a dealer on Gun Broker.... hope this is the start of a trend in the right direction for those of us in "problem" states.

Kudos to this dealer and those like him. :thumbsup:

"California Residents: Our longstanding policy barring shipment to California has changed. We realize that CA gun owners are in a tough position — essentially behind enemy lines — and we are going to do our best to keep supplies shipping in. We realize that by our refusing to ship to CA, the gun-grabbers are getting exactly what they want. So we are going to join with the CA gun owners in giving a big middle finger to the bad laws and to the politicians that make them by keeping the guns flowing as fast as we can. In order to properly process your transactions we will need a valid FFL number as well as a 5-digit CFLC (California Firearms Licensee Check) number. You can call one of your local gun dealers if you have any questions about FFL or CFLC numbers. Please have this information available at the time of purchase in order to expedite the process. If you live in CA and you want to purchase an item, email us before you do so that we can best serve your needs! "

Hey Palmetto State Armory - how about pulling your head out of your @$$ and doing this?

Fishguy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2009
    Montgomery County
    If the industry really wanted to make a difference, they would stop ammunition sales to government agencies in states like CA, MD, and NJ. Agencies can put off buying new guns for a few years, but ammunition is not as easy to put off buying.

Thats the thing, it's all just talk to justify not selling to a state that takes a little more effort. They aren't really making some high and mighty digital stand when they don't sell to Maryland residents, it's simply more work to sell to us than they feel like dealing with. When times are good for them, we are the red headed step child. When business slows down, they have to pick the higher hanging fruit to get by then tell us how they had a change of heart and want to help us out, yadda yadda yadda.

They wouldn't cut off their biggest customer to make a political point. Even though the government is a pain in the nuts to sell to, they have deep pockets.

beretta_maven

Free Thinking Member
    Jan 2, 2014
    SoMD
    Thats the thing, it's all just talk to justify not selling to a state that takes a little more effort. They aren't really making some high and mighty digital stand when they don't sell to Maryland residents, it's simply more work to sell to us than they feel like dealing with. When times are good for them, we are the red headed step child. When business slows down, they have to pick the higher hanging fruit to get by then tell us how they had a change of heart and want to help us out, yadda yadda yadda.

They wouldn't cut off their biggest customer to make a political point. Even though the government is a pain in the nuts to sell to, they have deep pockets.

But it doesn't take anything more to sell to an MD resident than to the resident of any other state. For example, if I purchase a handgun with 15 round mags, the seller can legally ship the gun to my FFL with those mags included because my FFL is exempt from the mag limit, and the seller is not transfering the gun to me, but to my FFL. My FFL in turn can then transfer the gun to me, but he can't transfer the mags. That has no impact on the seller. Same thing if the gun isn't on the Maryland Handgun Roster - that becomes the buyer's problem when his FFL can't do the transfer.

BTW, in my own personal case, I've purchased many handguns from gunbroker and armslist (and several other gunshops out-of-state) with mags over the 10 round limit, and my FFL has replaced the mags with 10 rounders when they had them, and in a couple of cases, they permanently pinned the mags to 10 rounds.

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    I don't plan to live in MD forever. But when I move, I will forever hold it against those FFLs who refuse to sell legal guns to MD residents. By the time I move, I hope there are very few remaining who have that policy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom