• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I like 4 o clock, but I'll admit the mag floor plate pushes on gp clothing making it print.

At 4, it butts out on me even without a mag. Just too damn skinny to IWB a full-frame.

Unless I have the muzzle aimed in a bad place - um, no thanks.

Did try sitting down with it at 4 with everything cleared (just in case ;) ), sitting isn't bad, but I wouldn't want to drive like that.

The 6378 definitely has it beat in sitting/driving comfort.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I know this has been beat to death, and, I'm not an EDC guy by any means. Something between 3 and 6 (or 6 and 9 for you wrong handed guys/gals) seems to be ideal in most cases.

Cool idea, I'd like to have a little trigger protection though. Situating your dik could be a life threatening activity!

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I remember when I had a 30" waist. Summer between 4th and 5th grade I think it was? :lol2:

Just messing with you, carry away, cool little idea and certainly cheap enough to try out.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I know this has been beat to death, and, I'm not an EDC guy by any means. Something between 3 and 6 (or 6 and 9 for you wrong handed guys/gals) seems to be ideal in most cases.

Cool idea, I'd like to have a little trigger protection though. Situating your dik could be a life threatening activity!

Agreed on both counts.

Like I've said before, this isn't going to be how I run around if given the option. It was something that looked interesting, and was a cheap enough way to check out IWB carry - at varying positions.

Love it or hate it, that's a decision the individual makes.

**Being ambidextrous, makes a cheap and quick left-handed OWB setup. And yes, I am being somewhat humorous there.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I'd totally use one. All the concern about trigger safety is really a non issue. What do people think will get in there between the pants and body? Many people over think safety to the point of paranoia.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Untitled-1.jpg

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I'd totally use one. All the concern about trigger safety is really a non issue. What do people think will get in there between the pants and body? Many people over think safety to the point of paranoia.

As long as their not free ballin a llama 45 I am 100% with you! I've seen 3-4 llama dick shots in my line of work.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011

That's the funny thing, on the draw - my trigger finger naturally sits on the side of the frame under the belt clip, just where it normally rests when I draw from any other holster.

On re-holster, I pay attention, just like I would with any other holster.

If you're holstering your gun, that means there is no threat - so why wouldn't you pay attention to what you're doing??

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    That's the funny thing, on the draw - my trigger finger naturally sits on the side of the frame under the belt clip, just where it normally rests when I draw from any other holster.

On re-holster, I pay attention, just like I would with any other holster.

If you're holstering your gun, that means there is no threat - so why wouldn't you pay attention to what you're doing??

Reholstering would be no different than if using a soft suede iwb. Slow, and deliberate. There's never a rush to get back into the holster. :thumbsup:

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Reholstering would be no different than if using a soft suede iwb. Slow, and deliberate. There's never a rush to get back into the holster. :thumbsup:

Agreed.

The only time I've ever had something get caught in the trigger guard, was when I was practicing with a cleared sidearm - shirt got wedged in between the front strap of the guard and the mouth of the holster.

Learned right then and there, have all the time in the world to re-holster. Trying to do it with your eyes averted can have less than ideal results in real life.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Dale Fricke Zacchaeus. Best way to deep cover AIWB. When driving sit uncomfortably and then bump the rear of the slide forward clicking the seat belt behind it.

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009

not to debate the safety issue with you or anyone here, but to let you know, if you intend to participate in any type of structured training class that teaches advanced defensive pistol, this would not be adequate nor allowed. trigger must be protected, and when it comes to re-holstering, using two hands to re-holster will only slow up the class. shooting stages are multiple and the instructors want the class to move along without the drag of one student having to use two hands time and time again. also, having the slide and barrel against bare skin or or the thin layer of and under garment, will only be miserable to the shooter after having shot several stages because of the heat generated.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    not to debate the safety issue with you or anyone here, but to let you know, if you intend to participate in any type of structured training class that teaches advanced defensive pistol, this would not be adequate nor allowed. trigger must be protected, and when it comes to re-holstering, using two hands to re-holster will only slow up the class. shooting stages are multiple and the instructors want the class to move along without the drag of one student having to use two hands time and time again. also, having the slide and barrel against bare skin or or the thin layer of and under garment, will only be miserable to the shooter after having shot several stages because of the heat generated.

That should be a given......did someone show up with this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom