• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SSDD

Dec 18, 2012
    Hanover, MD
    All of the ones that I have seen the barrel is shorter than the length of the shroud.

The Gemtech Mist-22 is an example:

product-mist-22_1070_general.jpg

Zatoichi

Nov 12, 2014
    I have a Ruger Mark II with integral can. The barrel is cropped to about 2.5" and the 8.5" outer tube is a series of baffles.

Most of the designs I've seen that are center fire are similar, with a blast chamber (closest to the chamber) then baffle stacks.

Google integral suppressors designs.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    The barrel on my MP5SD is ported and extends about 5" into the suppressor. The baffles start at that point. I've also got and AR15-9mm integral upper with a similar design.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    The barrel on my MP5SD is ported and extends about 5" into the suppressor. The baffles start at that point. I've also got and AR15-9mm integral upper with a similar design.

If you don't mind me asking, who made your integral 9mm AR? I've been toying with the idea of getting one but haven't found much verifiable information on them.

I'm guessing function is fine, anything that is specific to an integral vs an externally mounted can?

clarksvegas

Jul 8, 2011
    Escaped to TX
    Performance wise, I haven't heard anything. If anything it might be the balance of the weapon.

Say a 16 inch rifle. As a integral suppressor, it's all in the same formfactor with some slight weight increase.

but with an external, the weight of the can is added over an additional 4 or more inches on the end of the barrel. there's way to balance out the weight if the extra length is going to throw you off.

After that, it probably costs more on the integral suppressors on the manufacturing side

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    If you don't mind me asking, who made your integral 9mm AR? I've been toying with the idea of getting one but haven't found much verifiable information on them.

I'm guessing function is fine, anything that is specific to an integral vs an externally mounted can?

Mine was built by Keith Norman of NFA Investments in TX. This design uses K-baffles instead of a mono-core. Quieter design IMHO. There are others, such as John Norrell, who also built this type of integral upper. The suppressor is serviceable. It also has to be used on an SBR or MG due to length.

And it functions just fine in semi and full auto.:)

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    All of the ones that I have seen the barrel is shorter than the length of the shroud.

The Gemtech Mist-22 is an example:

product-mist-22_1070_general.jpg

This design allows you to still have a barrel length of 16" or greater. If you had the same overall length with a threaded barrel and screw on suppressor, the gun would need to be an SBR.
    I just had a similar integral barrel done for Ruger 77/22.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Mine was built by Keith Norman of NFA Investments in TX. This design uses K-baffles instead of a mono-core. Quieter design IMHO. There are others, such as John Norrell, who also built this type of integral upper. The suppressor is serviceable. It also has to be used on an SBR or MG due to length.

And it functions just fine in semi and full auto.:)

Cool. Thank you! I'm just wrassling with getting an external can I can run on multiple platforms versus a single platform with an integral silencer.

I like the thought of having a 9MM AR SBR with integral silencer. Don't know why, just want one.

Probably because tax returns are coming back soon.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Cool. Thank you! I'm just wrassling with getting an external can I can run on multiple platforms versus a single platform with an integral silencer.

I like the thought of having a 9MM AR SBR with integral silencer. Don't know why, just want one.

Probably because tax returns are coming back soon.

This gun and others will be at the TCA show at AGC next Sunday. 3/15, 2:00-4:30 or so. Stop by and check out the show.

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    Question: If you have an integral suppressor built for a rifle, and the barrel is less than 16", how many stamps are required?

Is it one stamp for the integral suppressed barrel, and then one stamp for the rifle receiver that is now considered a SBR?

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Question: If you have an integral suppressor built for a rifle, and the barrel is less than 16", how many stamps are required?

Is it one stamp for the integral suppressed barrel, and then one stamp for the rifle receiver that is now considered a SBR?

two if it comes off and makes a SBR. one if it's pinned on and makes the bbl 16"+. Many integrals are pinned/permanent to avoid the second stamp and form 20 transport hassles.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    I'm interested in the integral 9mm suppressor, can anyone show up to the show or do I have to be a member?

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    This design allows you to still have a barrel length of 16" or greater. If you had the same overall length with a threaded barrel and screw on suppressor, the gun would need to be an SBR.
    I just had a similar integral barrel done for Ruger 77/22.

Even better, if you look closely at the Mist you'll see that it has a port into the main chamber. This bleeds off pressure and keeps bulk pack ammo subsonic.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I'm interested in the integral 9mm suppressor, can anyone show up to the show or do I have to be a member?

I believe it's open to the public. The info was posted in the thread a few posts up. I am not a member and am planning on going.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo

I believe it's open to the public. The info was posted in the thread a few posts up. I am not a member and am planning on going.

MDTCA events in general are open to the public. The show/open house is too. Come on out!

The MG shoots you have to attend a qualification to be able to shoot but Im pretty sure you can do that even w/o being a member. I know many people qualify w/o owning their own machine gun. Anyone is always welcome to come out and observe and ask questions too. Looking to get as many people interested/involved as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom