• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mathfish

May 13, 2013
    So I got a new FNS9 and I love it but I found out I am not a very good shot with it. I think I just need more quality time with it. Just looking for recommendations for indoor shooting ranges. I live in Hyattsville. Thanks

Philoctete

Jul 11, 2013
    Maryland Small Arms Range in Upper Marlboro.

Sadly, there is nowhere to shoot pistols within what I would call 'close' range of Hyattsville.

When I can't afford the driving time, I just do dry fire practice.

Good luck!

mathfish

May 13, 2013
    Thanks for the advice.

SnuffyJD, funny you should ask. When I went to shoot my FNS9 for the first time I also shot my buddies glock 9mm. It was the first time I shot a glock and I just was dialed in with it. The sights worked for me, the trigger break, everything. I was actually a bit sad I didn't buy a Glock.

As for On Target, this might be second hand info, but I've heard nothing but bad about the place.

So looks like not many options. . .

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    Love the FN, can't hit anything with it. Not a fan of Glocks until I shot one. Me likey Glocks. I think some of it has to do with the angle of the grip to the barrel. I read a good story on that. Did you ever take martial arts lessons? It has to do with the natural or learned way that your wrist is most stable. I will try to find it.

natsb

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2013
    southern MD
    MSAR and On Target are both good options. I have had good experiences at both. Depending on how long you shoot, MSAR is the better deal since you pay for the whole day rather than hourly.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

Scott4

Aug 20, 2013
    MoCo
    I had a membership at On Target for awhile. Never anything bad. Had the usual jack$&@ now and then with concern to etiquette and safety, but otherwise I thought they did a good job. I still drop in about once a month

dohc97

Nov 4, 2007
    Derwood
    I was at MSAR earlier today. I wanted to shoot my AK and AR but was told that my ammo could not be shot at their range because it is magnetic(?). It has never been an issue at the NRA range.

No_comment

Oct 19, 2013
    I was at MSAR earlier today. I wanted to shoot my AK and AR but was told that my ammo could not be shot at their range because it is magnetic(?). It has never been an issue at the NRA range.
    I saw a sign to that effect. Could they be worried about armor-piercing rounds? BTW the guy next to me was shooting an AR, so ARs per se are OK.

No_comment

Oct 19, 2013
    They use a magnet to find steel tipped ammo. They cause damage to the backstop.

Freestate does the same thing.
    They also told me I couldn't use tracers. Since one of my personal goals is to never set fire to buildings I enter, I hadn't brought any.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom