• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigplayer2382

Jan 18, 2013
    Salisbury
    My girlfriend at college 2 hours away called me today and asked me "Did ya write any good e-mails today?". I was baffled, and kinda creeped out, because she has no idea what I've been doing. Her college roommate (who's majoring in political science) works under some representative and sorts e-mails. I had sent a very nice well written letter and her roommate happened to stumble upon my e-mail (small world). As I'm told, my letter didn't include my zip code in it.

Apparently she was INSTRUCTED to throw out any e-mails which didn't have a zip code in the e-mail. This is because they didn't know if the person was out of state (even though I had said I'm from Salisbury Maryland) or out of district of anything. She looked past that for my e-mail because she knows me, but this is just a heads up.

I know on some forms it requires your zip, and others it does not require a zip. Make sure you insert it into the e-mail either way just for safe keeping's. You don't want to write a well written letter just to have it disregarded. I can only imagine the thousands that have actually been 'disregarded' because it doesn't include a zip code...

johny357

Sep 7, 2009
    Agreed. I have been sending 3 emails a day to the general assembly without a response. Today I put my zip in, and instantly received a dozen replies.

bigplayer2382

Jan 18, 2013
    Salisbury
    wow, yeah same exact thing happened to me when i resent them with my zip. Thats the sad political environment we reside in. Your view is heard, as long as it meets the unknwn criteria the representatives want, without it save your breath. 3 emails a day, Keep up the hard work buddy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom