• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    We sure do...I bought 2 of them from South Carroll tonight.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

You done great:thumbsup:. I was shocked to see all three still there when I was there earlier this evening. They were in way better than average shape and they weren't much more expensive than what you find online.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    a3a5aza5.jpg

y6evupu5.jpg

just cleaned the bore. Maybe the best $200 I ever spent. This could be my new favorite rifle. And ... I could wear Gunzilla as cologne.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Gunbroker. It is in a wartime stock. It is counterbored - so what? Everyone gets worked up over a counterbore for no good reason. I will buy all day long a firearm that is discounted because the seller thinks the counterbore makes it less valuable.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a criticism, just a comment.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    Not a criticism, just a comment.

I know it wasn't - I was just making a point that everyone poo poos counterbores. Obviously, I'd rather have a rifle with a great bore that hasn't been counterbored, but I'd rather have a counterbored rifle than a rifle that isn't but needs it. I think that some sellers end up low-balling a rifle because it's counterbored. On a Mauser or something, that's one thing - on a Russian MN, I'll take them all day.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    There's another one that looks very nice that's hovering right around the $200 mark, although there has been a lot of bidding activity and a day is left on the auction. It has an interesting stock because of its buttstock marking - I can't tell, it looks like it might have been refinished? I don't know enough about these rifles to know what a stock should look like.

I love when sellers describe their MNs as being "vintage". This ain't Etsy . . .

Last edited:

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    There's another one (#415341423) that looks very nice that's hovering right around the $200 mark, although there has been a lot of bidding activity and a day is left on the auction. It has an interesting stock because of its buttstock marking - I can't tell, it looks like it might have been refinished? I don't know enough about these rifles to know what a stock should look like.

I love when sellers describe their MNs as being "vintage". This ain't Etsy . . .

It's at $205 and with the $25 shipping that makes it $230 in your hands. It's on the bubble where I'd almost rather roll the dice with Wiedner's or go for a SOG laminate. It is nice that it's a 1945.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    What's the marking on the stock? Does the stock look altered?

I can't make out the mark on the stock, but I've never seen it before. The stock does look really good like it may have been refinished. Hard to say. Could be original.

Attachments

• stock.jpg
      stock.jpg
      49.3 KB · Views: 222

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    I can't make out the mark on the stock, but I've never seen it before. The stock does look really good like it may have been refinished. Hard to say. Could be original.

1.TRZ Marking= Yugo Refurb M44

I have a similar one. The Soviets supplied the Yugos with quite a few and they were imported several years ago.

They were not refurbed in the manner of Soviet rebuilds and they have oil finished stocks and rear sights partially in the white.

It'd be a nice grab for a Mosin-Nagant collection since they aren't as common as regular Soviet refurb M44s

Heres, mine

Attachments

• DSCN0939.jpg
      DSCN0939.jpg
      56.6 KB · Views: 193

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member

I have a similar one. The Soviets supplied the Yugos with quite a few and they were imported several years ago.

They were not refurbed in the manner of Soviet rebuilds and they have oil finished stocks and rear sights partially in the white.

It'd be a nice grab for a Mosin-Nagant collection since they aren't as common as regular Soviet refurb M44s

Heres, mine

Thanks for the info.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine

Heres, mine

Great info, thanks!

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    Ah, from 7.62x54Rnet:

Yugoslavia A relatively large number of Soviet M44s have been imported to the US from Yugoslavia where they were refurbished at some time. These are distinctly different than the Soviet refurbished M44s with an oil finish on the stocks which are typically marked "1.TRZ". The buttplates are usually lined out and renumbered to match and the rear sight leafs are "in the white" at the elevation numbers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom