• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ameridane

Jun 5, 2013
    Here is just another "I don't care I don't give Sh*t email as a response to the issue

OPEN LETTER TO CONSTITUENTS ON THE ISSUE OF GUN CONTROL

AND LEGISLATION IN THE 2013 LEGISLATIVE SESSION

February 12, 2013

Dear Constituent,

This letter is prepared for you so that you will know my position on gun control and any anticipated

legislation.

While I certainly support the 2nd Amendment of the Constitution of the U.S.A. which provides the

right to bear arms; I strongly support any and all efforts to strengthen our gun laws so that instances

of gun violence will no longer be a way of life for far too many people/victims/families. I am a

co-sponsor of House Bill 107 which reduces to 10 rounds the maximum capacity for ammunition of

a detachable magazine for a firearm. I am also a co-sponsor of House Bill 490 which makes it a

misdemeanor to possess or use specified firearm ammunition during and in relation to the commission

of a crime; the bill also establishes appropriate penalties. For more information on these two bills,

please refer to the Maryland General Assembly website and look up the bills by their numbers.

As always, it is my honor to represent you in the Maryland General Assembly. Please do not hesitate

to contact me at any time for additional information or to let me know your position and opinion on

any issue of interest to you.

Thank you,

Cheryl D. Glenn

Cheryl D. Glenn

State Delegate, 45th Legislative District

410-841-3257 (Annapolis Office)

Cheryl.glenn@house.state.md.us

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    Message sent via AGC.
    Just sent this to the GA via AGC Tool.

I am writing to you today, insisting that you take action to stop the Maryland State Police from breaking Maryland and Federal law.

As you may or may not be aware, MSP has enlisted the use of several agencies and their staff, to assist in data entry of Maryland 77R (regulated firearms purchase applications) to alleviate the backlog that persists in the Licensing Division. Not only is this against the COMAR (only MSP and MSP Staff may administer these applications), but it may also violate the federal Privacy Information Act (sharing of information without my knowledge or consent).

I personally have a 77R form that may be involved in this potential breach of law. The mere fact that this occurred in a "document dump Friday," not only smacks of politics but it shows, at best, a shady contempt of the law. There is no honor in a blatant disregard for the law, especially where one's personal identifying information may be compromised by an agency(ies) that have less than stellar records for protection of said data.

I cordially request an expedited inquiry into these irregularities as well as a response of your findings.

I was out of town when this story broke on Friday and have been playing catchup. Do we have a short, sweet, concise summary (talking points) to email the media? I'm aware that this is a violation of COMAR & federal Privacy Information Act, but what else?

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    Just Sent this to the email addresses in OCCBrian's original post.

I am writing to you to ask you to cover and dig deeper into the potential unlawful disclosures of Personal Identifying Information by the Maryland State Police as they process my (and many others') application for purchase of a regulated firearm.

While this may seem like "griping" to some in the media, general public, and even our general assembly, there are serious privacy implications, and a vast potential for fraudulent use of confidential information. The major concerns go to the heart of the ongoing department of corrections scandal and other reports that personal information is not properly safeguarded by Maryland Administrative Agencies.

There are several state regulations & federal laws that govern the safe keeping of Personal Identifying Information and you can see the questions that some delegates are looking for answers on by reading this from Delegate Smigile. http://delegatemike.com/pia-request/

Please do the public a service and investigate these potential breaches of trust by the Maryland State Police.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

FightinBluHen51
    Concerned Maryland Citizen

PS. It is not okay to use my name in your reports without further contact with me. Should you wish to speak with a common citizen whom is interest in this case, please do not hesitate to email me back, I will reply as promptly as I can (at most a few hours).

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    Just sent this:

Good morning,

I have reviewed the proposed COMAR posted at:

http://www.mdsp.org/Home/COMARProposed.aspx

And I believe that both sections violate the Privacy Act of 1974.

SNIP for brevity.

And given the fact that the State of Maryland has now shared individual's social security numbers with employees from other agencies, when they violated the privacy act by obtaining the social security numbers in the manner they did, makes it all the more disturbing.

Please send this to Smigiel and Jacobs, they need all the informational ammo we can supply. Excellent work BTW.

fire_medic

Nov 16, 2008
    Calvert County
    Some of then non canned responses I have gotten back. I have also gotten back a lot of we are not in session responses.

YES, I agree this action was totally out of line and against existing Maryland state code. I am contacting the MD State Police and Governor's office and plan on submitting legislation if necessary during the 2014 session to prohibit this and protect your privacy.

Thank you so much for standing up and speaking out ~ we will get just as bad a government as we are willing to stand for, and just as good a government as we are willing to fight for.

Best regards,

Delegate Ron George
    District 30
    6 Bladen Street, Room 163
    Annapolis, MD 21401
    Phone: #410-841-3439
    Fax: #410-841-3256

Thank you for your e-mail. I received word of this situation late on Friday, and I can assure you that several legislators (including myself) have been all over it since then. The biggest problem I see is that they are reading the rule to mean that they can give "any agency" the information. They don't see that giving the information, even for data processing, is a violation of the section that says only the MSP can review the information.

I have drafted communication demanding that the State create a list of all persons who have had access to the records and that the State run a background check to confirm a clean background on these persons. Anything less is unacceptable.

I will keep you posted.

Cathy Vitale

Dear concerned citizen,

I too received this information from the AGC email alert and am disturbed by it as well. I am working closely with Associated Gun Clubs and other pro-Second Amendment organizations to investigate this very serious issue. This type of information sharing among state agencies violates Maryland regulations. Unfortunately, the O'Malley/Brown Administration is anti-Second Amendment and therefore will not be helpful. This may be yet another issue that requires legal action.

Thank you for your email regarding 77R forms being distributed to agencies beyond the Maryland State Police.

Sincerely,
    Nic Kipke
    State Delegate

MadeInAmerica

mia.wvs2s
    Aug 21, 2012
    In America
    The people reviewing your app now have your name, address, and firearm type purchased. This opens the door to the possibility of a targeted break-in to steal your firearms and use them in crimes on the streets...

sorry i must have stated that weirdly/wrong i meant for the MSP and MOM dont they get in some sort of trouble

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Thank you for posting something MEDIA related.

Thread creep around here is amazing lately.
    Potato.

In all seriousness, I also forwarded MSI's recent info to TTAG, thegunfeed, and Drudge. I will also e-mail the gentleman that contacted me from WMAR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ddsabedra

Latest threads

Top Bottom