• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bfreeder00

Apr 27, 2009
    Delaware/ Iraq
    Good luck man. I have all the faith in the world that this will all work out for you. Unfortunately I have no leads to share with you unless you are a member of the Maryland National Guard, its a job requirement for where I work. If there is anything I can do to help you with anything, just let me know. I am always willing to help someone as long as they are trying to help them self.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Thx....playing it very cautiously. Nothing (interview, phone screening....) is gonna move on it until I am back from NC, so there's no reason for me to get worked up about it now.

:omg:

You're going to be the next Miss Cleo aren't you! THAT IS SO COOL!!!

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    :omg:

You're going to be the next Miss Cleo aren't you! THAT IS SO COOL!!!

I knew you were gonna say that.

No, actually, before they shut down, Acorn came through with my pimp funding.

I'm gonna market a better quality prostitute. I'm gonna call her "The FOUR-bit Whore", solely because of the bad rap two-bit whores have been getting all these years.

skip-a-long

R.I.P.
    May 24, 2009
    Somer-sault Cty
    Good luck with the new lead Joe.

Man have you upset me, Obama-care was just signed today and already prices or on the rise. Now the Ladies of the Evening are going to be charging "four-bits"? :eek:

Skip-a-long

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Good luck with the new lead Joe.

Man have you upset me, Obama-care was just signed today and already prices or on the rise. Now the Ladies of the Evening are going to be charging "four-bits"? :eek:

Skip-a-long

You qualify for the "mature customer discount", my friend. You get the four bit whore for only one bit.

alpo

Dec 12, 2008
    call aerotec its a temp place but they do find jobs for people. they did help me.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I read the first page, then jumped to this last page, so please forgive me for missing out on some important facts or being less sympathetic. Hell I can't even spell that word.

My brother calls me almost nightly, he was recently laid off from his job of nearly 5 years. When we were growing up I would tell him, don't do drugs, get an education, keep your nose clean find a career... he laughed at me and fortunately found a good woman that helped him get mostly straight. They now have 3 beautiful children and a mortgage that he's counting down the days until he can't afford it. He tells me about the stuff he's trying to sell, like the motorcycle and the home gym, etc. I'm doing my best to float his resume where I work, but seriously, he has no degree and just some trade classes, he'll be lucky to find a job at half what they paid him before.

Not to say this is your situation, God knows I still love him and accept that I may have to take him and his wife/kids if this goes even more sideways... but I'll be damed if I don't hear him say it once, that I was right about doing your best and working hard and not blaming others. Until he does that, my basement is vacant and I'm still cashing checks that say 'this guy never did any illegal substance, never broke a single law and worked his ass off till the day he died'.

By the way I've deployed 6 times in harms way for my country and pay ridiculous taxes for many a sob story and illegals to go to our hospitals and schools. Feel free to call me a hard ass... like my father said, I'd rather die than ask for a hand out, and he did, God rest his honorable soul.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    I read the first page, then jumped to this last page, so please forgive me for missing out on some important facts or being less sympathetic. Hell I can't even spell that word.

My brother calls me almost nightly, he was recently laid off from his job of nearly 5 years. When we were growing up I would tell him, don't do drugs, get an education, keep your nose clean find a career... he laughed at me and fortunately found a good woman that helped him get mostly straight. They now have 3 beautiful children and a mortgage that he's counting down the days until he can't afford it. He tells me about the stuff he's trying to sell, like the motorcycle and the home gym, etc. I'm doing my best to float his resume where I work, but seriously, he has no degree and just some trade classes, he'll be lucky to find a job at half what they paid him before.

Not to say this is your situation, God knows I still love him and accept that I may have to take him and his wife/kids if this goes even more sideways... but I'll be damed if I don't hear him say it once, that I was right about doing your best and working hard and not blaming others. Until he does that, my basement is vacant and I'm still cashing checks that say 'this guy never did any illegal substance, never broke a single law and worked his ass off till the day he died'.

By the way I've deployed 6 times in harms way for my country and pay ridiculous taxes for many a sob story and illegals to go to our hospitals and schools. Feel free to call me a hard ass... like my father said, I'd rather die than ask for a hand out, and he did, God rest his honorable soul.

I'm not goin' down without a fight. I have a safety net (thank god)....my inlaws will give us a place to stay until we get back on our feet, but I worked hard to provide for my family and I'll be damned if I'm gonna just roll over and take this. I will overcome this.

mudd4life88

Mar 18, 2009
    Essex, MD

No, actually, before they shut down, Acorn came through with my pimp funding.

I'm gonna market a better quality prostitute. I'm gonna call her "The FOUR-bit Whore", solely because of the bad rap two-bit whores have been getting all these years.

Thank God! Now you can stop being so hands on!:innocent0

Fodder4Thought

New Dad!!
    Jul 19, 2009
    I'm not goin' down without a fight. I have a safety net (thank god)....my inlaws will give us a place to stay until we get back on our feet, but I worked hard to provide for my family and I'll be damned if I'm gonna just roll over and take this. I will overcome this.

Amen to that. Fight, and keep on fighting. Why? 'cause **** you, world.

edit: Heh, I just found how far the language filters go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom