• ...and so much more!
  • mancheechee

Daily Trigger
    Jul 22, 2010
    Frederick
    Which TacSol 10/22 rifle do you think is better option to choose:
    A) threaded with suppressor shroud with hogue stock or
    B) threaded with hogue stock?

Both are different barrel lengths but with the pinned suppressor shroud on the one, both end up being non SBR length.

My long term plan is to purchase a suppressor for a 10/22...and I thought if you're gonna spend $$$ on a trust, suppressor, tax stamp, why not spend equivalent amount on the rifle itself.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Don't get the one with the shroud. You're talking about spending $1000 on this rifle. If you want to keep the length of the rifle with the suppressor shorter. Pony up the extra $200 and make it a real SBR.

501st

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2011
    Which TacSol 10/22 rifle do you think is better option to choose:
    A) threaded with suppressor shroud with hogue stock or
    B) threaded with hogue stock?

Both are different barrel lengths but with the pinned suppressor shroud on the one, both end up being non SBR length.

My long term plan is to purchase a suppressor for a 10/22...and I thought if you're gonna spend $$$ on a trust, suppressor, tax stamp, why not spend equivalent amount on the rifle itself.

I would look at other options. Tactical solutions rifles aren't up to par vs their competition.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    Be careful with the suppressor shroud model. If you have a can that disassembles (nearly all 22LR suppressors, these days), the bottom portion of the can can unscrew and stay attached to the barrel and it's a pain getting it out of the shroud. I finally got rid of mine for that reason (and the fact that I could never get it to run right, even after two trips back to Tacsol. I'll never own another Tacsol product again, but that wasn't your question.)

I'd have a hard look at Green Mountain (my preference for 10/22 barrels) or Volquartsen (If you'd rather have a light weight sleeve design.)

I have this one and the accuracy is incredible.

http://www.gmriflebarrel.com/17-5-fluted-muzzle-weighted-barrel/

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    why not a intergrally suppressed 10/22 from thompson?

The shrouded barrel from tacsol, is just gross, I wouldn't do that.

mancheechee

Daily Trigger
    Jul 22, 2010
    Frederick
    Be careful with the suppressor shroud model. If you have a can that disassembles (nearly all 22LR suppressors, these days), the bottom portion of the can can unscrew and stay attached to the barrel and it's a pain getting it out of the shroud. I finally got rid of mine for that reason (and the fact that I could never get it to run right, even after two trips back to Tacsol. I'll never own another Tacsol product again, but that wasn't your question.)

I'd have a hard look at Green Mountain (my preference for 10/22 barrels) or Volquartsen (If you'd rather have a light weight sleeve design.)

I have this one and the accuracy is incredible.

http://www.gmriflebarrel.com/17-5-fluted-muzzle-weighted-barrel/

Good to hear from personal experience with them.
    I will pass on the TacSol after hearing from all of you.

Buying guns take so much effort...haha
    But asking others helps with saving time and money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom