• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    Thurmont (http://www.tcandsc.org/tcscEvents.htm) will be hosting an IDPA Match with 6-8 stages, depending on attendance, and about 85-120 rounds. There may be some fireworks in the COF and Redcoats for targets. Advance registration is required on SHootNScoreit.

Please register at: http://shootnscoreit.com/idpa/match/482/

New Shooters. Please email ThurmontIDPA@verizon.net if you are a new shooter along with your shooting resume. You will need to attend an orientation at 8AM prior to the match unless you are a Certified Safety Officer.

Fee is $15, and Waiver must be signed or on-file.

Setup begins at 9AM, and all are expected to assist with setup and teardown. It is likely to be hot weather so please apply sunscreen, wear appropriate headgear and appropriate clothing, bring cold beverages and snacks, and something for shade. We will supply water and provide some shade. Those who are 65 or older or have heart or respiratory conditions should consider whether you can shoot the match in the heat. You attend the match at your own risk.

Please arrive at the range COLD (except for LEO) and do NOT handle your firearms until instructed to do so.

Registration Starts now.

Thanks,
    Cody Claxton
    IDPA Committee Chair
    cody.claxton.cc@gmail.com

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Oh man, so tempting. I had an awesome time on the 17th, but I don't think I can go that day :(

I should be there on the 15th though!

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    What about spectators?

Would love to start looking into doing this (or USPSA), but want to watch some matches first.
    You'll have a great time in IDPA. The folks at Thurmont are great people and are vigilant when it comes to safety.

jbollman

MDCreeper
    Jul 9, 2009
    You are more than welcome to come watch. Just remember your Eyes and Ears.

If you are comfortable with your handgun and want to give it a try, Email ThurmontIDPA@verizon.net and just make sure you are there at 8am for the new shooter class.
    Shoot as much or as little as you feel comfortable with. Safety is key.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative

If you are comfortable with your handgun and want to give it a try, Email ThurmontIDPA@verizon.net and just make sure you are there at 8am for the new shooter class.

Wife and I may come out just to watch ("gametime decision"), but I won't be shooting first time there. Thanks for the offer, though.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Id love to jump in but dont have any equipment for my pistols.

Mags I have but holsters ect I dont

Blade-Tech Revolution holsters can be had for around $30. Tack on another $30 for mag carriers (two separate or one that holds two).

You'll otherwise need eyes, ears, a belt, cover garment (cheapy photographer's vest or long enough buttoned shirt), 3 magazines, and a cap.

jbollman

MDCreeper
    Jul 9, 2009
    Id love to jump in but dont have any equipment for my pistols.

Mags I have but holsters ect I dont

What Pistol do you have? Someone might have a spare you loan you to try.

Also most of the larger local stores have the common holsters in stock, or try Amazon.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA

yeah most folks I have seen at matches that came to watch were pretty disappointed they didn't just bring their gear and shoot the match. newbies can always go last in line so they can see how everyone shoots the stages, range/safety officers will closely monitor you and help you out. finger off of trigger and keep gun pointed downrange, those are the two biggies.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    yeah most folks I have seen at matches that came to watch were pretty disappointed they didn't just bring their gear and shoot the match. newbies can always go last in line so they can see how everyone shoots the stages, range/safety officers will closely monitor you and help you out. finger off of trigger and keep gun pointed downrange, those are the two biggies.
    :thumbsup:

My favorite safety tip was to put your hip out a bit before holstering. That keeps the muzzle from painting anything other than the ground.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Wife and I may come out just to watch ("gametime decision"), but I won't be shooting first time there. Thanks for the offer, though.

I may as well... I can't afford to shoot but I can watch...;)

Seriously... I can't afford to shoot... all money going to the political bucket and last years sending spree...

Last edited:

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Blade-Tech Revolution holsters can be had for around $30. Tack on another $30 for mag carriers (two separate or one that holds two).

You'll otherwise need eyes, ears, a belt, cover garment (cheapy photographer's vest or long enough buttoned shirt), 3 magazines, and a cap.

Safari land is just a bit more but worth every Penney. I may sell my blade tech stuff ( recomended as cheap)

Also a double stack double mag carrier can be glad for $10 from Israeli manufacturing ( forget the name. )

I also have leather for about $30... but that's for formal wear ;)

I am looking to get into small scale supply and I may be able to hook focks up at close to wholesale..... if get enough interest... still researching....

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Safari land is just a bit more but worth every Penney. I may sell my blade tech stuff ( recomended as cheap)

Also a double stack double mag carrier can be glad for $10 from Israeli manufacturing ( forget the name. )

I also have leather for about $30... but that's for formal wear ;)

I am looking to get into small scale supply and I may be able to hook focks up at close to wholesale..... if get enough interest... still researching....

Fobus is the Israeli brand. The paddle holster I had from them was getting tighter the more I used it, lol. I was afraid I'd pull the whole holster out from my hip in competition a few weeks ago. It was getting too good at retention haha.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Fobus is the Israeli brand. The paddle holster I had from them was getting tighter the more I used it, lol. I was afraid I'd pull the whole holster out from my hip in competition a few weeks ago. It was getting too good at retention haha.

There is anther one -- very cheap -- stand by ..

RSR defense -- got it for $10 or so for a double mag pouch double stack paddle mount to belt-- angle adjustable ( both together ) and retention adjustable -- definitely owb concealable not a game rig.. which i hate due to training issues

May see it again at that price maybe not .. but it beats the $40 or so I see others go for ..

Last edited:

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Man I would love to sign up, Dave, but I have to be at work by 3:30 PM in Martinsburg and I don't see anyway to do that all the way from Thurmont.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    Man I would love to sign up, Dave, but I have to be at work by 3:30 PM in Martinsburg and I don't see anyway to do that all the way from Thurmont.

bummer.

I'm doing steel challenge in morning and uspsa afternoon at peacemaker Saturday, hope to see you there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom