• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dan8480

Gun Addict
    Feb 23, 2008
    Adams County
    Anyone know anything about Ice Arms? Why are their BCG's so cheap? What am I missing? Most of the Nickel Boron/Nitride/whatever coated BCG's are in the low to mid 200's, and the ones they are selling are quite a bit cheaper...I know you get what you pay for, but the spikes NIB is ~220, and the EXO coated one they have is 159...Are these garbage groups? Are they comparable to the spikes/Fail zero BCG's?

http://www.icearms.us/products.cfm?cat=1

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    The cheap ones do not have the gas key, nor the bolt. As you go up in price you will see that you will get a few other things that the "cheap" ones don't have. The only way to get the whole thing is to go with a complete carrier.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Gearhog has an offer for just the carrier for $79. Comes with gas key nothing else. I would be interested in what their staking looks like. They are Sayin EXO which leads me to believe they maybe an off shoot of Fail Zero?? and are willing to break even to get a rep.

ricanmd

Dec 23, 2012
    Westminster MD
    Gearhog has an offer for just the carrier for $79. Comes with gas key nothing else. I would be interested in what their staking looks like. They are Sayin EXO which leads me to believe they maybe an off shoot of Fail Zero?? and are willing to break even to get a rep.

Actually, they say they do the NIB coating for Fail Zero.

ricanmd

Dec 23, 2012
    Westminster MD

Bought 2 of these w/o the gas key couple of weeks ago for 59. Still waiting for them to come in. Gearhog shipping is slooooow.

cyclrcr

Pronounced as cycleracer
    Oct 24, 2008
    Joppa
    I saw these on AIM and I thought they had everything for the $159 price. I need another bcg for my next build and was curious if they were any good also.

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS
    Ice Arms is a pretty new company. They seem to have decent prices and seem to be received pretty well though.

Actually, they say they do the NIB coating for Fail Zero.

Where did you see/hear that? Ice doesn't coat or machine BCGs in-house from what I've heard. Failzero, from what I have heard, coats everything in-house and has for some time. WMD's ownership used to work at Failzero.

NIB carriers used to $150 before the hysteria...

Just carriers or complete BCGs? The only NiB BCGs I've seen under $170ish were the Rguns BCGs. Spike's, WMD, Failzero and other brands were typically around $180-$220 and have been for a while.

Anything I have ordered through Gearhog has taken weeks to come and you can forget about email updates and tracking numbers.

That's on the seller. Gearhog just forwards on an excel list of orders to fulfill to the seller. Gearhog doesn't have any control over that side of things. The sellers have the ability to send tracking updates and expedite shipments. We've done multiple gearhog sales and the ones where we sold all had shipping notifications within a day or two.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    If someone took a risk please let us know about the quality of the product. My biggest concern is gas key staking and whether the coating is through out.

ricanmd

Dec 23, 2012
    Westminster MD
    If someone took a risk please let us know about the quality of the product. My biggest concern is gas key staking and whether the coating is through out.

Finally got them a cursory over view is that they are not as well finished as a Fail Zero(FZ). I compared the two since I have an FZ. I can still see tool markings on the ICE. Nothing that would affect function, but these were not sold as "blemished" on gearhog. As for the EXO NIB coating, it looks the same, I guess I will know if it starts wearing off faster then the FZ.

As for the staking, that will be on me as the one I bought did not have a gas key.

Question for anyone out there: Is it necessary to put on a EXO NIB coated gas key? Will it degrade functionality. I usually don't see any wear marks on the outside of my gas keys.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Finally got them a cursory over view is that they are not as well finished as a Fail Zero(FZ). I compared the two since I have an FZ. I can still see tool markings on the ICE. Nothing that would affect function, but these were not sold as "blemished" on gearhog. As for the EXO NIB coating, it looks the same, I guess I will know if it starts wearing off faster then the FZ.

As for the staking, that will be on me as the one I bought did not have a gas key.

Question for anyone out there: Is it necessary to put on a EXO NIB coated gas key? Will it degrade functionality. I usually don't see any wear marks on the outside of my gas keys.

I really see no need for a NiB Gas key or Bolt, the bolt only makes contact with the gas ring area. It is a looks thing, some do not like the "patches" looking BCG. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Drake1990$

Latest threads

Top Bottom