• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jackalope

I wonder what its going to take for the people in this country to stand up to the govt and say "enough" and put a stop to this crap.

They changed the laws back in 94 to make petty crap have longer sentences then the fed 1 year limit there by stealing peoples 2nd amendment rights and no one stood up to stop it. The laws are unconstitutional yet people are arrested every day for them.

What will it take to stop this? I can see one day squads of police in tactical gear walking down the street going door to door in search of "illegal firearms". Once found the guns will be loaded into an armored truck to be taking to be destroyed and everyone in the house arrested for posession of a firearm. It will no longer be the govt is trying to keep bad guys from having guns but rather just label us ALL bad guys and take the guns. Hmmmm......didn't something like this happen a while back in Germany?
    (extreme sarcasim alert!) *shrug* Oh well its not like anything BAD happened did it?

Call me crazy all you want but they ARE coming for your guns and will not stop till they get every last one of them and there is NOTHING that you or I or anyone else can do about it. Wait till this goes federal or better yet if O'Malley becomes president and tries to make MD a shining example of gun control and pushes it on the whole country. Once the 2nd amendment is gone whats to stop them from taking the rest of our rights? Freedom of speech? Says who? Freedom of the press? LOL! Yeaaaaah right! Once the guns are all gone they can do whatever they want when ever they want and there is nothing anyone can do about it. Its coming people it is coming.

Pyramid

MDS Supporter
    Sep 27, 2008
    AACO
    I agree and have wondered the same thing. Probably 50% of the people are clueless or don't care or live in denial. The regular media never covers important news and people are distracted by all kinds of things therefore don't follow what's going on. Too busy to go and get the facts. I don't know how you wake them up until its too late.

pro1742

Jan 19, 2013
    Carroll County
    I wonder what its going to take for the people in this country to stand up to the govt and say "enough" and put a stop to this crap.

They changed the laws back in 94 to make petty crap have longer sentences then the fed 1 year limit there by stealing peoples 2nd amendment rights and no one stood up to stop it. The laws are unconstitutional yet people are arrested every day for them.

What will it take to stop this? I can see one day squads of police in tactical gear walking down the street going door to door in search of "illegal firearms". Once found the guns will be loaded into an armored truck to be taking to be destroyed and everyone in the house arrested for posession of a firearm. It will no longer be the govt is trying to keep bad guys from having guns but rather just label us ALL bad guys and take the guns. Hmmmm......didn't something like this happen a while back in Germany?
    (extreme sarcasim alert!) *shrug* Oh well its not like anything BAD happened did it?

Call me crazy all you want but they ARE coming for your guns and will not stop till they get every last one of them and there is NOTHING that you or I or anyone else can do about it. Wait till this goes federal or better yet if O'Malley becomes president and tries to make MD a shining example of gun control and pushes it on the whole country. Once the 2nd amendment is gone whats to stop them from taking the rest of our rights? Freedom of speech? Says who? Freedom of the press? LOL! Yeaaaaah right! Once the guns are all gone they can do whatever they want when ever they want and there is nothing anyone can do about it. Its coming people it is coming.

The only thing that can stop it...is the same thing that started it all over 200 years ago.....REVOLUTION!.........Although I do believe that the revolutionary spirt has been bred out of the average American citizen!

toddtrain

Sep 19, 2012
    Carroll County MD
    People really just don't care. I was talking to my cousin who is in his mid twenties today and he just chooses not to care. Most of his friends are that way also. That is a huge problem. I don't know the answer nut eventually people are just going to break under the government pressure. Then maybe they will start caring.

smokering

Day Walker
    May 16, 2008
    AA
    Unfortunately most of the groups that are well organized enough you probably won't want to follow.

Mobile

Dec 30, 2011
    The average person doesn't really care about guns that much.

By the time the average guy wakes up and says "Holy cow! The Government is out of control and we might need a way to protect ourselves!" it's already too late.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    The average person doesn't really care about guns that much.

By the time the average guy wakes up and says "Holy cow! The Government is out of control and we might need a way to protect ourselves!" it's already too late.

So true!

But then again, what are they planning as their backup? Call a good guy (911) with a gun if things go awry. I bet all those libs I have had heated debates with will come looking for me like the ant/grasshopper story when things get bad. And there is no chance it can't with the total picture today.

I was screaming from the rooftops when the healthcare bill was going through, furiously pouring over the bills, and was in complete shock over the content, but American Idol was on.

Can't believe all the rucus over the Oscars. Who cares!

RedWolf762

Jan 18, 2013
    Freedom
    Most people today are self-centered, docile and lazy creatures. I don't believe that it's by choice but it's the way society has been trending ever since the 80s or earlier. I'm not quite sure how this could be reversed by anything short of a major catastrophe that forced the population back into the law of the land.

Going forward, in the MD fight against gun control, I feel that we need to keep up the base of what we have been doing. Emails, letters, phone calls, editorials, show up at hearings, ect. I also think it's time to review and revise our strategy. We know that there are Senators and Delegates that are starkly against us and won't give us the time of day, let alone listen to what we have to say. I feel that we should start campaigning against the officials we know are 100% against us. For example: Gladden and Frosh both voted nay for HB2 in 2006, HB2 imposed minimum mandatory sentencing for anyone convicted of sexual misconduct with a minor under 13 years of age. We need to get this out in the papers and on the talk radio shows and argue that Frosh and Gladden did not give a rat's backside about the safety of our children in 2006, so why are they insinuating that they do now by voting for the "safe" act?

If we can exploit certain career points of the elected proponents of these bills, I think we can knock them back on one foot and force them to defend their statements/voting records. At minimum, on top of dealing with hundreds of thousands of emails/mail/calls and thousands of us shutting buildings down on hearing day, they would then have to focus additional attention to "damage control" if they choose to retain or advance their political careers in this state. We can try reaching out to any and all political opponents (on both ends of the political spectrum) of those we wish to unseat. We can call talk radio, we can write letters to the editor, we can post online, we can't give up.

Let this be our finest hour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom