• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • goofy810

Jan 14, 2013
    So I decied if I want it I better get it now cause who knows come oct. I want one I can use on my Walther p22 and my s&w M&P 15-22. But don't know where to order what to order and what I need to do to have it any help?

Thanks

wlc

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2006
    What's a slincer?

oh come on, you don't know?

http://nbhaichu.en.ec21.com/Food_Processor_Blender_Grinder_Slincer--3606992_3609377.html

Food Processor,Blender ,Grinder,Slincer
    Food_Processor_Blender_Grinder_Slincer.jpg

Or he could mean this
    http://www.myspace.com/492345882/photos/3685845

ME WITH THE 9MM GLOP WITH THE SLINCER. (GET AT ME)
    l.jpg

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    So I decied if I want it I better get it now cause who knows come oct. I want one I can use on my Walther p22 and my s&w M&P 15-22. But don't know where to order what to order and what I need to do to have it any help?

Thanks

Haha... getting you good on that one! :lol: We generally refer to them as suppressors but the ATF still calls them silencers.

What area to you live in? The best way to do it is probably to go to a store that sells NFA items and let them sell you one and talk you through the process.

Watch out for that Walther P22... Pot metal slide... I had a friend who's P22 slide broke at the front sight and sent the rear 90% of the slide back into his face!

Nostromo

Jan 15, 2013
    PG County
    I must has this!

On a serious note, I'll pass on owning a Suppressor, as I don't want the Fuds poking their nose in my personal biz. Something to consider, with the impending registration and all...

Also, unless your barrel is threaded, you'll need a new one of those, too.

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    I must has this!

On a serious note, I'll pass on owning a Suppressor, as I don't want the Fuds poking their nose in my personal biz. Something to consider, with the impending registration and all...

Tell me why you want a slincer!!!
    images

Sorry, wanted to take some of the heat off the OP :D

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD

What personal biz do the Feds Poke their nose in? Yeah it must be registered. Yes you have to give up your fingerprints. Other than that, there is nothing more than then what is on your drivers license... So fingerprints are the deal breaker? You are not buying into that crap about signing away your 4A rights are you?

peace

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2011
    AACo
    All jokes aside. Mark @ 2A Sales and Supplies and his staff are fully equipped to answer your questions and help you through the process. He is one of our industry partners and I highly reccomend him. As for .22 cans. Well I have a sparrow on wait. Others like the gemtech, YHM. Tons of options.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    All jokes aside. Mark @ 2A Sales and Supplies and his staff are fully equipped to answer your questions and help you through the process. He is one of our industry partners and I highly reccomend him. As for .22 cans. Well I have a sparrow on wait. Others like the gemtech, YHM. Tons of options.

+1

Mark at 2A Sales will walk you through the entire process. It's easy so don't be intimidated. As for which 22lr suppressor to purchase. I suggest either the Silencerco Sparrow or SWR Spectre II.

Gunlawyer

Jan 18, 2013
    Knoxville, MD
    I run a SWR Spectre on my .22s (P22, Ruger 22/24, Ruger SR22, etc.) and love it. Have a Gemtech .22 can that works great also. There are a lot of good .22 can options out there these days. Try to test some out before you buy if you can.

You can get the can later on, right now, it is crucial that you get as many threaded barrel hosts as you can so that you can register and grandfather them. Then you can get your can at your leisure.

Chris

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    You can get the can later on, right now, it is crucial that you get as many threaded barrel hosts as you can so that you can register and grandfather them. Then you can get your can at your leisure.

Chris

Chris, It looks like you will be allowed one evil feature on a pistol if the current bill does not change. So for pistols, a threaded barrel will be fine. So I see no need to go buy a bunch of hosts anymore. Things could change but for now we look ok there. I was right with you a month ago but now I am looking at getting more Assault Rifles which will be flat out banned.

Billman

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?
    May 18, 2010
    Sykesville, MD
    I have the original Spectre which I purchased from the fine folks at 2a. It's certainly not the lightest can, but it's a beast. I've used it with 5.7, 22lr, 22mag, 17 hmr and ran it in full auto 22LR multiple times.

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    Engage is very knowledgeable local guy or you can go to http://www.silencershop.com/. They will walk you through the paperwork.

Who ever you by from, you will have to get fingerprinted (electronically and paper cards), 2 passport sized photos and submit in person to the State Police Handguns licensing division in Reisterstown MD. Cost about $65 with the MSP fee. Wait 2 weeks for their signoff:innocent0, send the paperwork and a check for $200 to whoever you are buying the suppressor (slincer:o) from. Wait a few months for the FBI to check you out and then you can have your slincer:thumbsup:

rwbow1969

Get Wiffit
    Dec 10, 2011
    Clearspring
    Check into an NFA Trust. :D I had "Rusty Shackleford" set mine up. It makes things a little easier.

Flame resistant suit on........... :innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom