• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    I read the title and immediately said, "Sorry 'bout that".

Now I will go see why you went there. Sure hope it wasn't for a gun. They price their guns using the MSRP shown on Man. websites. This I know for a fact.

jwise

Jan 29, 2013
    I have seen the same immature behavior others here have spoken of. I also have encountered the same older gentleman there multiple times who is Very well educated and experienced with the firearms behind the counter. He helped me greatly with my decision to buy the right 1911 for me. I stopped in there from time to time over a year and each time talked with this guy. It wasn't the owner and I don't know his name but he made a very good impression on me. I bought that S&W E-Series 1911 that I had looked at twice and couldn't be happier.

Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    I have seen the same immature behavior others here have spoken of. I also have encountered the same older gentleman there multiple times who is Very well educated and experienced with the firearms behind the counter. He helped me greatly with my decision to buy the right 1911 for me. I stopped in there from time to time over a year and each time talked with this guy. It wasn't the owner and I don't know his name but he made a very good impression on me. I bought that S&W E-Series 1911 that I had looked at twice and couldn't be happier.
    tallish slender guy with white hair and glasses? I don't recollect his name either but if I can't talk to him or the black dude with blue eyes, I walk out.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head

What did you pay for it ?

AC MkIII

Feb 18, 2011
    Calvert
    And that's when you calmly call the manager over and explain they are responsible for giving employees basic gun safety education if they are put in the position of handling guns -especially in front of customers. Hey, don't we have a law for that yet! :innocent0

Yes, i believe it is called "brandishing a weapon" and know of a guy that spent time in Hagerstown for doing it.

LongTom

Jan 13, 2010
    Southern Maryland
    I had some dealings with the Tackle Box several years ago. They basically knowingly and intentionally screwed me over. It ended up costing me a lot of money, for which I will never re-coup the cost.

What happened was so bad that I will never set foot back in that place again, for as long as I live. If they changed their anti-free market policy, I may consider not telling my friends and co-workers not to shop there anymore, however.

Keni0204849

May 21, 2013
    Valley Lee, MD.
    I read the title and immediately said, "Sorry 'bout that".

Now I will go see why you went there. Sure hope it wasn't for a gun. They price their guns using the MSRP shown on Man. websites. This I know for a fact.

Actually, I believe they price according to what their distributors ask, plus their mark-up. Business, and the way it goes. Ask them sometime. The last I checked, they were never afraid to explain things to people.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    Actually, I believe they price according to what their distributors ask, plus their mark-up. Business, and the way it goes. Ask them sometime. The last I checked, they were never afraid to explain things to people.

Yeah they price it right back to MSRP. Fact that's the way that goes.

Don't worry. No need to ask them. After pricing a few guns, it was obvious how they quote their prices, then I told the last guy, "That's the same price as the MSRP on the manufacturers website" He simply told me, "Yes, that's how we quote guns". Before you ask them their price on a gun, go check the MSRP on the manufacturers website. You'll already know. I basically called them out on their pricing methods and he was certainly not afraid to tell me how they do it.

Paul

Nov 12, 2008
    SoMD
    Yeah they price it right back to MSRP. Fact that's the way that goes.

Don't worry. No need to ask them. After pricing a few guns, it was obvious how they quote their prices, then I told the last guy, "That's the same price as the MSRP on the manufacturers website" He simply told me, "Yes, that's how we quote guns". Before you ask them their price on a gun, go check the MSRP on the manufacturers website. You'll already know. I basically called them out on their pricing methods and he was certainly not afraid to tell me how they do it.

I agree. I was in there a while back looking for a Ruger M77, Ken looked it up and gave me the MSRP, he then said yup it's expensive and walked away. So needless to say I try not to buy from Tackle Box if I have another option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom