• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 556ready

Mar 5, 2012
    AAco
    SoOo... I'm 99.9% sure as the nice guy behind the counter (not blaming him for me being a dumbass) was talking away I filled out my paper work wrong. I haven't heard back yet so IDK for sure but I just have that gut feeling I screwed up while listening to him and not paying attention to what I was doing. The question I think I screwed up on was if you are the actual transferee, as I countinued to read the words "On behalf of another person" stuck in my brain and I think I put No LoL

So my question is when I get my call later this week saying I was denied how do I go about getting my self inflicted mess straightened out?

Jack Gordon

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 27, 2011
    Places Unknown
    Legalizing+marijuana+will+make+more+people+take+it+because+that+_8268cfbcc22e320d986dbcea74182d03.jpg

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    SoOo... I'm 99.9% sure as the nice guy behind the counter (not blaming him for me being a dumbass) was talking away I filled out my paper work wrong. I haven't heard back yet so IDK for sure but I just have that gut feeling I screwed up while listening to him and not paying attention to what I was doing. The question I think I screwed up on was if you are the actual transferee, as I countinued to read the words "On behalf of another person" stuck in my brain and I think I put No LoL

So my question is when I get my call later this week saying I was denied how do I go about getting my self inflicted mess straightened out?

Call your dealer Monday morning and have him check the ppw and call MSP if you botched the question and make sure they know it was just an honest mistake. People mess up their ppw all the time, they're used to it. You just want to make very sure they know you're not really buying it for someone else.

You'll probably have to do all the ppw over again and start your 7-day wait over from then, but the main thing is you don't want to get pegged as some kind of self-confessed straw purchaser.

556ready

Mar 5, 2012
    AAco
    thanks zoostation, I didnt even think about it untill I was telling my brother the story the guy behind the counter was telling me. Then I got thinking about the paper work and started freaking out. The paper work was filled out thursday.

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    thanks zoostation, I didnt even think about it untill I was telling my brother the story the guy behind the counter was telling me. Then I got thinking about the paper work and started freaking out. The paper work was filled out thursday.

Was it the 4473 or the 77R that you messed up on? The straw purchase question is worded differently on the two of those.

556ready

Mar 5, 2012
    AAco
    Lets say MSP gives me a big red stamp across the forehead, where do I go from there? Will I be denied if I go fill out paper work on something els due to this mistake?

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    I can't believe the guy working the counter did not check it after you filled it out. Every shop I've ever been in does. No sense in them even sending it in if you F'd up the first question. Or any of the others for that matter.

marko12

Sep 28, 2009
    Maryland, on the Chesapeake Bay
    Exactly what rico903 said, every time I've done the paperwork it was always checked and re-checked by the GUY behind the counter. Some guys are better checkers than others.

In the end, as you now know, the responsibility lies with YOU to check the ppw.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    I can't believe the guy working the counter did not check it after you filled it out. Every shop I've ever been in does. No sense in them even sending it in if you F'd up the first question. Or any of the others for that matter.

Exactly what rico903 said, every time I've done the paperwork it was always checked and re-checked by the GUY behind the counter. Some guys are better checkers than others.

In the end, as you now know, the responsibility lies with YOU to check the ppw.

Exactly, I've always had someone check the paperwork after I filled it out.
    If you ask me op, your dealer really wasn't doing his job.

556ready

Mar 5, 2012
    AAco
    Its on me I'm not blaming him, I should have watched what I was doing this is only my second pistol and I knew there was a yes question I should have asked....

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    While of course it is our responsability to carefully read and check the accuraccy of any document we sign, it customary for the Dealer/ Dealer's Aagent to proofread all the forms.

However , it needn't be the GUY behind the counter. My favorite FFL in NC is owned by very knowledgable , helpful , and atractive woman.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Its on me I'm not blaming him, I should have watched what I was doing this is only my second pistol and I knew there was a yes question I should have asked....

The forms are confusing. I've filled out dozens of them and always ask the dealer to double check. Just my method.

pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008

Some places use a computer generated 4473 and if that question is answered wrong it will automatically print "LOST SALE" across the top of the form.
    If this happens you need to wait till the next day to do it again.
    If it was a hand written 4473 it should be no problem to correct the mistake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom