• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    How do they actually shoot? In the context of someone who knows how a pretty good cross section of 1980+ handguns (well, and 1911s) feel, how would you characterize one of these? Does one even dare shoot them, or are they for having for having's sake?

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    There is no reason you can't shoot them as they are a robust design and well made. By 1980's wonder nine standards, it's going to feel obsolete but not antiquated. It's on par with shooting a single stack, 9 round, Hi Power. They feel good and balanced in the hand and it's biggest flaw in my mind is the ergonomics of the safety. It rotates back and up to engage meaning it's EASY to accidentally apply when racking the slide. However, as there are most likely NOT going to be used in a high stress environment by any of us, it's a nonissue.

Jul 1, 2012
    who-hoo, mine just arrived...
    - Gun is pretty nice, needs a good cleaning but looks like original finish with crisp markings. Some wear to barrel exterior finish, but bore looks nice. The front frame grip strap finish is worn off but has a dark patina to it so you don't really notice. Probably an 80-85% gun which isn't too bad for a surplus. No dings or damage.
    - spare mags are excellent condition
    - holster is a more modern rubberized vinyl of some sort
    - lanyard is a cheap Chinesium pos.
    DSC_8399.JPG

DSC_8400.JPG

DSC_8389.JPG

DSC_8406.JPG
    DSC_8401.JPG

DSC_8405.JPG

DSC_8391.JPG

DSC_8395.JPG

DSC_8397.JPG

DSC_8398.JPG

Last edited:

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Mine was delivered about an hour ago too. Birthday is Sunday, so this is my present to myself. Thanks for bringing to our attention Combloc! Very cool gun and in great shape (actually better than I thought from the photos). Going in the bound book as we speak.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    The posts are great guys. Keep posting your treasure please! Not only is it fun to see what others are getting but it's also good for future research.

Last edited:

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Got mine today, will post pics. May get a second as an investment. The track record on C&R is that the price doubles once importation stops.

Jul 1, 2012
    Most of the ones up right now are proper MAS slides on FG block frames and pretty decent looking... I see they jacked the price way up on the other C-block too...

Dan44

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2008
    Times like this makes me wish I didn't let my C&R expire.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Oh Lord, I shouldn't have done this but can't count the number of times I sat on the sidelines and watched a good deal pass for various reasons. The one that haunts me were the ex detective HK PSPs that were imported and dumb ass me sat and waited until they were gone. What was a $750-800 pistol is now over $2k.
    So opened the wallet and went for it. Just too good a bargain to pass up. And I have the money in the bank with hopefully a bunch more coming so no excuse to let this pass by. Thanks to Combloc for putting the word out. I really would have been cheesed off if these sold out before I caught wind of them.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Say - if any of you guys got Keith Seafield's book "War Trophies: Weapons from Viet Nam", there are three MAC50's documented in that book. Page 270 has an excellent picture with a leather holster. It's serial is A4175.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom