• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Safetech

I open big metal boxes
    May 28, 2011
    Dundock
    I emailed them yesterday through their "Contact Us" page, but haven't gotten any response.

Mrs. Safetech and I went there with my B-I-L and his wife a couple years ago while we were down there on vacation. My first (and only) time. But he and his wife had been there quite a few times.

He told me that you "just shoot at any target". (This was on the rifle range.) This seemed odd to me. Any range I've ever been to, you shoot at YOUR target (in YOUR lane). But I was new there, and he'd been there before. So I took his word for it.

But the more I thought about it since then, it still just doesn't seem right. For one thing, if you have multiple people shooting at the same target, especially with similar calibers, how do you who's hitting it where???

I want to go there again this year while I'm down there. And I want to make sure I'm not being given incorrect information.

Can anyone here shed some light on this please?

Echo

Troublemaker
    Oct 31, 2012
    Annapolis
    You pick a target frame and just set up your target. You can also put clays on the berm and shoot those but you can't just go without anything and shoot random targets.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    There are lanes with numbers like any other range. Don't shoot a target not yours.

The only exception I can think of, being the MDS group shoots, then there may be a communal target to fire on.

This year it was a tailgate with O'Malley painted on it.

Turbohugh

Squib..
    Jan 13, 2014
    Planet Earth
    When I was there the range officer will tell you which lane to set up your target on [depending on the berm you're shooting at]. Also there is space on the berm for things like clay, or [my fav- steel spinners from walmart] [just don't expect the spinners to last, as the legs get chewed up from near misses]

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    there's some confusing answers in this thread.

you don't just saunter up to the line and start blasting away at whatever's down range.

you talk to the other shooters, find out where they have their targets posted up, and pick a DIFFERENT backer to attach yours to, and shoot at that one.

you don't just shoot at whatever.....lest you risk pissing off the wrong person.

the benches at the firing line are not married to one single target position on a given berm, though.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    there's some confusing answers in this thread.

you don't just saunter up to the line and start blasting away at whatever's down range.

you talk to the other shooters, find out where they have their targets posted up, and pick a DIFFERENT backer to attach yours to, and shoot at that one.

you don't just shoot at whatever.....lest you risk pissing off the wrong person.

the benches at the firing line are not married to one single target position on a given berm, though.

This is because one line serves 50, 100, 200 and 300 yard berms

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom