• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EWO

AGC / Monumental Member
    Jan 25, 2010
    Ellicott City MD
    ...but I bought one anyway. LOL :D

So I was at the gun show today and after walking around for hours, I guess I did't want to leave empty handed and kinda went with an impulse buy. I had no intent on buying a Mosin when I left this morning, but for a little over 100 bucks, I figured I would roll the dice. So anyway, this is what I wound up with. All I know is it is a 1941 91/30 with a laminated stock... Feel free to tell me if I'm an idiot or not. :innocent0

2010-10-30_16-38-35_229.jpg

2010-10-30_16-39-08_347.jpg

2010-10-30_16-39-41_533.jpg

2010-10-30_16-39-56_215.jpg

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    THat is some NICE WOOD on that Mosin.

hard to see but it looks like an Izzy (arrow in triangle)

I think you're an idiot, I'll give you $25 to take if off your hands:innocent0

Congrats I think you did good

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Looks nice, a very good laminated 91/30. If it shoots good, you did well.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    oh that's one of those 1941 Izhevsk laminated Mosins, you shouldn't have paid over 40 bucks. But I'll give you 50. :D

Actually you got a pretty good deal, especially for a live buy at a gun show. Laminated wood Mosins tend to go for 130 bucks or more even on the web now. 1941 is not a rare year but it is certainly not as common as 42's and 43's.

EWO

AGC / Monumental Member
    Jan 25, 2010
    Ellicott City MD
    Ok, thanks for the comments. Sounds like I might not have done too bad.

So... how hard do these things kick when fired?

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Ok, thanks for the comments. Sounds like I might not have done too bad.

So... how hard do these things kick when fired?

not as bad as most people say they do, but the muzzle flash from that old powder can be pretty fun. If you don't hold it tight and have bad form, it'll beat up your shoulder a little...but if you do your job right it's just like shooting anything else. If recoil is a problem the limbsaver slip-on small pads work terriffic. Just make sure to take the pad off before storing it for a while.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Looks like you did good, its a good looker. Ill just guess you paid about 125-130, if you paid under that you did very well. regular ones at the show were selling for 110-120 on most tables. The laminated ones always go for more.

EWO

AGC / Monumental Member
    Jan 25, 2010
    Ellicott City MD
    not as bad as most people say they do, but the muzzle flash from that old powder can be pretty fun. If you don't hold it tight and have bad form, it'll beat up your shoulder a little...but if you do your job right it's just like shooting anything else. If recoil is a problem the limbsaver slip-on small pads work terriffic. Just make sure to take the pad off before storing it for a while.

That doesn't look too bad. :D:thumbsup: Thanks for the info.

Looks like you did good, its a good looker. Ill just guess you paid about 125-130, if you paid under that you did very well. regular ones at the show were selling for 110-120 on most tables. The laminated ones always go for more.

He wanted $130, but I talked him down to $120. Not that I knew what it was worth, just on principle. :evilwhip:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom