• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • -Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Meh, I always use Fedex anyway when I ship stuff. They're almost always cheaper than UPS to ship small packages.

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    After shipping a wad of pieces from UPS Laurel hub beginning in 2011, I stopped using Uninformed Partial Service about a year ago when one of their jerk female clerks at the Laurel hub refused to ship an IBM M1 Carbine to the FFL03 holder whose valid icense I had in my hand.

She insisted that it could only be shipped to a DEALER. At that point I reamed her in front of customers and other employees, grabbed the Carbine and left. Later, I spoke with her boss and told her that the clerks needed some training. Reported that site and two others to BATFE Baltimore eventually but got no satisfaction.

If you've never shipped a firearm, you should be prepared to be denied at UPS or USPS. For the past year, however, I have used USPS in Burtonsville where they know me and are familiar with what I ship. Training is definitely needed at the lowest level at these common carriers and the antis that I've encountered at Laurel UPS and Woodstock USPS also need to be weeded out.

Lew--Ranger63

Last edited:

clarksvegas

Jul 8, 2011
    Escaped to TX
    I have a long list of gripes with UPS just on how they operate with their deliver time. I've had several occasions where i had to go to the Laurel center to pick up items cause they will try to deliver at random hours. either you're screwed cause you're working a day job. or you're screwed because you're working a night shift. delivery times slip, or my favorite, wrong house.....about a block away.

I'd kill for a choice to go with Fedex or USPS since they have a harder time screwing up.

RepublicanJD

Jul 16, 2014
    AA County
    Easy choice for me to use Fed Ex whenever I can. UPS has unions. Fed Ex does not. I don't need my money funneled into a union to then end up in some Democrat's war chest.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Well, I suspect that picking a shipment up from a company that makes suppressors would be a clue that suppressors were being shipped.

Not sure the rules on NFA items being shipped. Since NFA items are considered firearms, so can't just call them parts.

SigStud

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 8, 2015
    Ive been lurking and reading here for a while and I created an account just to respond to this thread.

On March 31st I had 3 suppressors shipped to my house from an MD business, they are an IP here. The last scan on the package was arrival to the center in Laurel. On 4/6 I called UPS asking where my package is they said that they would start investigating. Long story short... they were never found.

Once I finally got some law enforcement to actually care about the fact that 3 NFA items are missing, the ATF actually 'investigated'. Both the agent and I were pretty sure that they were stolen but after the agent went to the distro center he doesn't think so. He said that the security was pretty tight going into and out of the place. So, if they weren't lost or stolen, then (as I was told) the box was ripped open and the contents were dropped with no way to tie the contents to a recipient so they were probably shipped off as scrap metal. (his words not mine).

So, this article is rather interesting to me. I can't say they they are related, but the timing is ironic.

still sucks tho.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Thanks for the story Sigstud , introduce yourself in the new members section, sorry about your cans.
    Since this thread popped back up short story:
    Last Tuesday I was left a package (ammo appropriately marked) that requested adult signature. Fedex. 10:19 pm my front door was left open by me and tracking said customer not home? 10:22 pm package signed for by (my name). I did not sign, found the package at 10:30 pm when I got a package delivered email. I'm not sure who signed but I'm not arguing, got my goods. What goes on at these shippers?

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    A Silencers is a firearm and has to be declared. Try to be slick and it's gets lost and you won't get a dime.

And UPS can miss my rear. They stole a gun of mine several years ago.

Oh and my recent Brownells order that they ripped open and lost hundreds of dollars worth of gauges from and then repacked with no packing material. They'll was FUN.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Last year my sister ordered a bunch of stuff on the web. (She orders beaucoup stuff online.) Home decoration type stuff. Box arrived. She thought it was bigger than it needed to be and much heavier. Her box appeared to have been opened after shipping and prior to receipt by her.

Turns out inside her box was another box. 300 rounds of pristine LC 7.62. No markings on the box to indicate source.

Great news...she doesn't shoot. Her son does but didn't have anything in that caliber. Not to worry, the ammo was re-homed.

Shipper, vendor and her location remain nameless. Interesting occurrence though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom