• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Superman2k2

Jul 22, 2010
    Hello I know there are threads like this but I could use some help understanding the HQL proccess. I own a STAR Model A, Pardner Pump and a Mossberg 715t and I have a Firearms Safety Training Course Certification of Completion card issued in 2006. So from what I read I need to get finger print scan so I choose american identity solutions in rockville. But do I need to take the HQL course or am I exempt because I own a hand gun and took a course already? How much are finger print scans at american identity solutions? How much is the HQL? Thanks in advanced for all the help

Afdiesel

Mar 7, 2013
    Middletown
    If you already own a regulated firearm, your handgun for example then you are training exempt. You still have to get an HQL which is $50. Once your fingerprints are done they will give you an identification number that you will put on your HQL application. They're only good for so long too I've heard three days, I've heard 30, just do it when you get home. Have the serial number, make, model, barrel length and color of your handgun ready for the online application process and that's it.
    I was approved within a week, you'll have the card within 2-3 weeks. You can get back on mdsp.org and check on your application. Once approved you'll have the number and can purchase another gun even before you get the physical card.
    Transfer times have improved greatly, I just got a freedom arms .454 casull and was approved in a week.

Rhino

Dec 6, 2008
    Mount Airy
    Hello I know there are threads like this but I could use some help understanding the HQL proccess. I own a STAR Model A, Pardner Pump and a Mossberg 715t and I have a Firearms Safety Training Course Certification of Completion card issued in 2006. So from what I read I need to get finger print scan so I choose american identity solutions in rockville. But do I need to take the HQL course or am I exempt because I own a hand gun and took a course already? How much are finger print scans at american identity solutions? How much is the HQL? Thanks in advanced for all the help

I think it was $62 for prints, IIRC.

dohc97

Nov 4, 2007
    Derwood
    Once you get your HQL, does it expire? If I get an HQL now and buy a handgun next summer, is it still good?

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Transfer times have improved greatly, I just got a freedom arms .454 casull and was approved in a week.

how did that happen?

They say they are on August per their site report.

Attachments

• image-3292845245.jpg
      image-3292845245.jpg
      14.2 KB · Views: 162

Afdiesel

Mar 7, 2013
    Middletown
    According to my dealer pre October applications are still taking forever. He said the HQL applications are pretty much all coming back in 8 days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom