• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jackalope

I'm now on day 13 of waiting for my paperwork to come back from the MD state police so I can have my 1911.45, its SUPPOSED to be a 7 day wait! If it doesn't come back by tomorrow which will be exactly double the it should be I think I'm just going to get my money refunded. I don't get what the hold up is its not like this is the first gun I've ever bought, hell the gun shop says there's no way for them to even call the state police to find out what the hold up is!

Should I just go get my money back or should I wait guys what do you think? Any idea what in the world could be the hold up?

Oh and mods if this is the wrong section please move it to where it belongs, wasn't 100%.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Once you get the 1911

Use another FFL on your next purchase, plenty in the industry partner section to choose from.

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    I'm now on day 13 of waiting for my paperwork to come back from the MD state police so I can have my 1911.45, its SUPPOSED to be a 7 day wait! If it doesn't come back by tomorrow which will be exactly double the it should be I think I'm just going to get my money refunded. I don't get what the hold up is its not like this is the first gun I've ever bought, hell the gun shop says there's no way for them to even call the state police to find out what the hold up is!

Should I just go get my money back or should I wait guys what do you think? Any idea what in the world could be the hold up?

Oh and mods if this is the wrong section please move it to where it belongs, wasn't 100%.

Not an FFL but I find this hard to believe. Sounds like they dragged their feet in submitting the paperwork to me.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    That is bull.

Did they fax it in, or wait two or three days and snail-mail it?

By law, they may make the transfer after the seventh day, even if MSP hasn't returned the paperwork. Some dealers will, I believe most won't (and yes, there are legitimate reasons to wait). But it sounds like this dealer doesn't give a damn about his customers.

And yes, they can follow up with MSP.

You should identify him here.

Jackalope

They are listed in the industry partners section and are supposed to be one of the better shops around. Not sure whats going on just kinda tired of waiting and wanted to vent a little.

I don't want to put them out there just in case maybe its not their fault, they're so damn nice in the store I'd hate to think it was them.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Never had to wait more than 7, even from a non-I.P.

Something got hosed if your coming up on 14.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    the gun shop says there's no way for them to even call the state police to find out what the hold up is!

Not an FFL but I find this hard to believe. Sounds like they dragged their feet in submitting the paperwork to me.

Agreed. Total BS. I've watched my usual FFL call MDSP on numerous occasions to ask questions and to confirm "not disapproved" for other customers (before seven days were up).

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    That is bull.

Did they fax it in, or wait two or three days and snail-mail it?

By law, they may make the transfer after the seventh day, even if MSP hasn't returned the paperwork. Some dealers will, I believe most won't (and yes, there are legitimate reasons to wait). But it sounds like this dealer doesn't give a damn about his customers.

And yes, they can follow up with MSP.

You should identify him here.

If the MSP don't return the paperwork, the FFL has no NICS Transaction number for his protection. I don't blame an FFL for not releasing the firearm without a NTN on the 77. He cannot get the number himself since MSP is the NICS POC for MD. (for handguns)

Something fishy is going on IMO.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I waited over 21 days before.

My buddy did a transfer the same day same FFL and got his on the 7th day.

I was told "it is what it is".

BrianS

Apr 26, 2010
    I've only had one "issue" in the past 15yrs and that's when the FFL forgot to send in the paperwork just prior to the weekend. I suspect they don't want you calling because MSP will say they just got it 5 working days ago or whatever.

pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008
    I'll bet MDSP is swamped right about now.

MSP isn't that busy. We get faxes from them every day.
    OP can call the licensing division on Reisterstown rd and see what they have to say.
    FFL can't do much before they hear back from MSP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom