• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wbwanzer

Feb 4, 2008
    York PA. and loving it
    I just got back from the range, having taken my wife for her first shooting experience. She did extremely well for her first time out. All shooting was done at seven yards.
    We were using my recently purchased M317-3 with Hi-viz sight. She really enjoyed herself and wants to go again. (I Couldn't believe it) At first I thought she was faking it to make me happy. But she really dug it and is looking forward to her next trip to the range.
    Then we tried the M64-3. I just loaded one round in case she got unnerved after the boom. That one round went into the two inch diameter orange dot I stuck on the target. Neither one of us could believe that one. She was thrilled.
    I also outdid myself. With the 38 special I put five of the six shots into a group that I can cover with a quarter. That was good for me. I've been shooting off and on (mostly off) for ten years. Now that I go more often, it's paying off.
    Well, I just wanted to share my great day. I'm more thrilled about my wife's enjoyment of the experience than anything else. I believe we have a new convert.

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    That's great! Congrats on bringing another into the fold. :beer:

I had a great day as well. No converts, but I put a few hundred rounds through my new AK and it was quite literally a blast. :gun7:

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    That's awesome. I find that finances for new guns and ammo come much easier when the wife likes to shoot. My wife was shot with her brothers growing up so when I told her I wanted to get a gun she said "can I get one too?" I love this woman! We just went shooting for the first time yesterday with our new gun. I'll post pictures and report but I don't want to hijack your thread.

PresentArms

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2008
    Middle River
    I just got back from the range, having taken my wife for her first shooting experience. She did extremely well for her first time out. All shooting was done at seven yards.
    We were using my recently purchased M317-3 with Hi-viz sight. She really enjoyed herself and wants to go again. (I Couldn't believe it) At first I thought she was faking it to make me happy. But she really dug it and is looking forward to her next trip to the range.
    Then we tried the M64-3. I just loaded one round in case she got unnerved after the boom. That one round went into the two inch diameter orange dot I stuck on the target. Neither one of us could believe that one. She was thrilled.
    I also outdid myself. With the 38 special I put five of the six shots into a group that I can cover with a quarter. That was good for me. I've been shooting off and on (mostly off) for ten years. Now that I go more often, it's paying off.
    Well, I just wanted to share my great day. I'm more thrilled about my wife's enjoyment of the experience than anything else. I believe we have a new convert.

Great Day here too. I sent the wife to work today then I went up to the range for about an hour and a half this morning, put 50 rounds of 7.62x54r through my 91/30. I had recently purchased 300 rounds from J&G Sales and wanted to try it out. Not Bad!! May have to get another can. :gun1:

J.Brown

Apr 3, 2008
    Hampstead
    Gamer- good call on the finances, its nice knowing that twice a year their will be 2 more guns in the house. 1 each for christmas and 1 for eachof our birthdays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom