• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eyego11

Apr 28, 2013
    I was out near Jerusalem Mills right near where I live last week. I was dumb enough to believe the water was semi ok to drink bare. I was dumb and drank about 8 fl ounces of the water from the running stream. I now am here a week later with a bad cold. Why would just a small amount of these clear water do so much bad? I'm young this shouldn't happen if only I would've boiled it.

shaddydan

ADHD chicken fighter
    Oct 22, 2010
    Hydes
    ...and you're not very bright. I wouldn't trust any water in this area. Clear water doesn't mean clean, plenty of micro-organisms that you can't see. I hope that you only have a cold and will heal quickly. But please, don't tempt fate again.

Nanook

F-notso-NG-anymore
    "Beaver fever" lives in clear, moving water too. I used to tell folks that just because the water comes down off the top of the uninhabited mountain, doesn't mean that critters haven't been sh**ing in it...

Odds are though that if it's just now showing 'symptoms', it's not from the water. That stuff normally kicks in anywhere from an hour to a day after ingestion. I am not a doctor.

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    What very well could have is Giardia...An incredibly effective weight loss regime...but not a fun one. I recommend you see your physician ASAP. Trust me, I have the tee shirt..

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    You might just have - a bad cold.

My son and I have both been hit with colds over the past couple of weeks.

eyego11

Apr 28, 2013
    What very well could have is Giardia...An incredibly effective weight loss regime...but not a fun one. I recommend you see your physician ASAP. Trust me, I have the tee shirt..

This is probably the most accurate diagnosis out of all the ones on here. Thank you to everyone for the advice. I def think I have giardia but I've been on allergy pills and cough medicine. How do I treat this I have no clue if it will get worst

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    You probably have a bad cold.....

Water borne illnesses generally cause gastrointestinal symptoms. If you don't have nausea, vomiting and diarrhea it's a pretty good bet you didn't get what you got from the water. Suck it up.

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    Yeah, I don't think tainted water would cause the sniffles. If you are blowin mud every 15 minutes you might have picked up a parasite.

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    Just got on amoxcillin and pseudofed. Plus tylenol and claritin. Thank you and everyone else for the advice

Hope you feel better soon. If it's Giardia, antibiotics don't work. It's a parasite. With that, I'm no Doc...didn't even stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    What even makes you think the water is your problem? The other million ways to get a runny nose and feel down might have caused that, eh?

eyego11

Apr 28, 2013

Water borne illnesses generally cause gastrointestinal symptoms. If you don't have nausea, vomiting and diarrhea it's a pretty good bet you didn't get what you got from the water. Suck it up.

weird thing is i have all three of those so im betting its giardia

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    weird thing is i have all three of those so im betting its giardia

Probably not. There has been a virus going around with diarrhea and head congestion. You'll feel better in a few days. Giardiasis, while possible, is not very common.

jaycee2004

Apr 17, 2009
    Cambridge
    Probably not. There has been a virus going around with diarrhea and head congestion. You'll feel better in a few days. Giardiasis, while possible, is not very common.

Yep, congestion, cough and loose innerds right here. I have felt like this almost all week. I woke up Tuesday morning with a sore throat which was accompanied by the feeling of being hit by a bus. I still don't feel the greatest.
    BTW, I didn't drink any weird water

rwbow1969

Get Wiffit
    Dec 10, 2011
    Clearspring

Damn straight, laid me up for 6 days. This was about 20 yrs ago. Projectile vomiting, gut cramps from hell. When I wasn't puking, my ass was like a power sprayer. I hoped I would die. If you had it, you would know it. You have a cold.

NEVER EVER DRINK FROM A STREAM.

Beaver fever. Hell, it was like the Devil himself crawled up my ass and had a party.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    this is why you don't drink the water.

Attachments

• homeless man.jpg
      homeless man.jpg
      9.7 KB · Views: 477

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Damn straight, laid me up for 6 days. This was about 20 yrs ago. Projectile vomiting, gut cramps from hell. When I wasn't puking, my ass was like a power sprayer. I hoped I would die. If you had it, you would know it. You have a cold.

NEVER EVER DRINK FROM A STREAM.

Beaver fever. Hell, it was like the Devil himself crawled up my ass and had a party.

I got giardia in (then) Leningrad in 1988. Wow, I know what you are saying. I was functional in a couple days...took me weeks to get back to normal. I think I got it from a beer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom