• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tanks4me

Mar 4, 2014
    ^I've been to CP twice. Last time I went was in 2009 though, so no Gatekeeper (went to Dollywood and rode Wild Eagle; pretty, but B&M got really tame once the new millennium hit.) I recently read (like a week ago) on an off-season tour of the facilities that the GM said that they will be adding three coasters within the next three years (EDIT: My guess is to steal the coaster count title away from SFMM,) so I'll definitely head out again by 2017 the latest.

Skyrush's drop has only barely been affected; after timing how long it took to go over the drop, the lift was slowed to 11 mph from 17 mph (and that was done because all the axles had fatigue cracks by the end of the first season.) I did some vague modeling of recreating Skyrush's first two hills and I noticed that the slowdown would only lessen the intensity by about 0.1 or 0.2 G's. Also, I rode it before and after and it's almost impossible to tell the difference; but to make it even more intense, ride in the back left seat (if you didn't know that) and to make any coaster more intense, lean in the opposite direction of the turns (i.e. lean left when the coaster turns right) for it makes the laterals far more intense. On top of that, leaning downward into the restraint makes drops feel probably 20 degrees steeper than they really are.

EDIT: Back to where to live. If I land an internship in Baltimore, should I still look for an apartment in the New Freedom/Shrewsbury area or should I look closer in MD? It would only be for a semester (either August to December or January to May.) Also, it would be highly unlikely that I will actually buy any firearms in that time frame, because not only do I live in NY state, I live with extremely anti-gun parents. If I caved and bought something (which is highly unlikely given that I have already decided that my first weapons will be a Boberg XR9-S, an FS2000 with an original factory optic, and a KSG, which are all pretty expensive) I could always let my uncle (lives in the Allentown area, and already has several firearms) borrow it long term until I get my degree, but then there's still no guarantee that I will land a permanent job in a coaster company when I get my degree, nor will there be a guarantee that there will be an engineering job for me in a free state otherwise.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom